Sick of Cycling...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think husband is "cycling" again. Remember when he wasn't getting out of bed to go to work and was tired all the time? So we did the sleep study and got him the CPAP machine? Things got a bit better. Then he got sick and missed a bunch of days at work. Then he just wasn't motivated to go to work.

Suddenly, about two or three weeks ago he decides to make a "list" of things he needed to do around the house. Well he's been busy, busy, busy getting things done. Which is great. But now he's crashing again. Sunday he took a loooong nap in the afternoon. Managed to go to work yesterday -- the fact that he had a meeting to attend was a good motivator. But today he's not moving, despite me telling him he needs to go in, if only for appearances. Ugh.

I just called the psychiatrist and left an update, and will call again with another update in a few days so I can see how the rest of the week goes.

And to top this off, difficult child 2 has been very irritable since last Thursday or so, and the past two or three days he's getting very hyper and unfocused again. Yesterday he admitted that his head was "buzzing" and this morning he's all over the place again. And we lowered the Daytrana to just 2.5mg -- so I don't think THAT is the problem. I left word with the psychiatrist about him as well, asking if we should perhaps check Depakote levels and think about increasing it (he's on 500mg pm and 250mg am).

Is it July yet? :faint:

crazymama30

I am with you gcv mom. Lets move out for a month, and run away. 9 days untill husband gets put on something, maybe seroquel. Oh, I am not sure if I will make it.

It just seems odd to take a BiPolar (BP) person off their medications, when so many of them will not take them in the first place.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That was why I said I may never go back from Cleveland.

husband is in his funk. He doesn't cycle but he gets down... think Eyeore. Which causes his body to fall apart.

Even though I have BiPolar (BP), I try really hard to watch and monitor. AND GET AWAY from everyone! LOL
I just have come to terms with the fact that if I feel carppy I have to do something about it.
I do know also that not all of us can see or feel their symptoms coming on.

Yes July is going to be a nice getaway! You have had way too much to deal with.

Please use the Epiliptical Lady before you show up! :surprise:
(ducking and clucking as well)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
CM, I can understand why the psychiatrist would want to start with a clean slate, so to speak, with your husband. I wouldn't want to be dealing with TD the rest of my life. We've gone through medication washes with difficult child 2 when everything was going haywire and we couldn't tell what medication was causing what reaction in him. It's a hard thing to go through, but in the end it will hopefully get your husband back on track with a more appropriate treatment plan.

The good thing about Seroquel is that it works pretty quickly. You'll know in a couple of days if it's going to help or not... and I suspect it WILL help. Just try to take things one day at a time and keep reciting the serenity prayer! :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Please use the Epiliptical Lady before you show up! :surprise:
(ducking and clucking as well)

I was talking EPILEPSY... NOT EPILADY you silly hens!

Okay... TO YOUR CORNER along with STAR!

Just for that, I may not shave at all this summer! :devil:

DammitJanet

It is cycling season. Even I am cycling more and I cant stand myself! I went out and bought six poor potted baby veggie plants...lol. I know it doesnt sound like much but it will be all that I can do to keep these poor plants alive. And I am looking for watermelon seeds...lol. All this and I dont have a garden.

Im also trying to clean my bedroom. Im having a fit over the state of my house. No one wants to be around me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
THen.......it would be a hairy tooshy..........and not a hairy touche...

ROCK ON HIPPY WOMAN:peaceful:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey, I have been on a cleaning frenzy as well!
I feel pretty zippy!
Not Zippy the Clown smart-SSS's
I think Janet is right on with her comment.

I am not going to shave either then!
Be gone epi-Lady!
That reminds me of an episode of
"Flight of the Conchords"
They were trying to hit on a woman who had an Epileptic Dog, they kept messing it up and saying, "Pepileptic" They even wrote a song about it. In their New Zealand accents it was funny

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH MY GOSH TOTO - I LOVE THE CONCHORDS.......

(They remind me a little of the young ones )