Sick (rant, maybe a big whine)

Im already on an antibiotic for my bladder infection (septra) which I have no idea if it would help a chest infection or even if this is a chest infection or just viral.

Just wanted to say I know for a fact that septra is used for more than bladder infections. Broad spectrum for lots of things--including respiratory, upper and lower. I've taken it several times. I just hope your "bug" is one that septra will target!

Um, Janet--How's Nina? Is she trying to console you? My dogs always worry about me when I'm sick--more concern than I ever got from either my ex or difficult child at those times!

susiestar

Roll With It
Daisy, I am glad that easy child is getting the medications. Get over yourself. Everyone has money issues at some point. You have gone way above and beyond helping your kids. At some point (NOW!) it is normal and natural for them to help you if they can. Deal with it.

I can guarantee it will make them feel better to be able to help you in some way. It is what it is. When you feel better bake her some cookies or babysit for her for a night. It will mean more than the cash. I promise.

Even if you can make it to class let your professors AND ADVISOR know that you are very very ill. Financial aid can be put on hold for a semester in most cases. There are a LOT more financial aid programs now than there were ever before. I am SURE that you will qualify.

If witchy prof of the pharmacy class doesn't cut you a break be SURE to let your advisor, program coordinator, mentor, and program head know about it. Reasonable accomodations are available for YOUR special needs just as much as they are for Travis or for any child on an IEP. And, yes, nursing school DOES have to follow the rules, unless you are at a private school. Even then they will get some federal funds will will mean they MUST follow the IEP laws. You have rights too. I know you don't like asking for special help, but you work hard enough that reasonable assistance is NOT special help. The CRF or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) alone would each qualify you, I am sure. BOTH of them doubles the need and reasonableness of the help.

Please don't be too proud to let the school know you are fighting these handicaps AND the virus. Heck, here the college will excuse ANYONE for a semester who is diagnosis'd with a viral infection. I cannot imagine that nursing school would penalize you for it. Surely there are some heads with common sense in the administration. They must realize that students get sick, need help, etc..... Just because a particular prof does not use sense does NOT mean it is the policy of the department, school, or university. Profs ONLY get away with crud like that when students don't talk to the Dean.

I am the daughter of a college professor. I paid for a LOT of stuff by babysitting for college professors. I KNOW what I am speaking about here. I also waited tables and profs would talk about what they were getting away with doing to students. They forgot that students waited tables and HEARD them brag about the crud they pulled on students. Often they would boast that the ONLY way they could do it was that students did not complain to their bosses.

Yes. Your witchy pharmacy prof has a BOSS. And RULES. She has to follow these. It may take some work to get the right person's attention, but if she is being unreasonable and not actually teaching the material you CAN do things. Esp if you pursue your status with the disabilities. You are an older student. You know your rights. You fought for your kids' rights. Wouldn't it set an excellent example to your kids if you also fought for your own rights? Or maybe you want Nichole and easy child and Travis to think that once they become parents they don't have rights to reasonable accommodations? I didn't think so.

I hope you can kick this soon. The zpack will usually be 3 days of medications that will work for about 10 days. If you do not show marked improvement in less than 3 days you MUST get in to see the doctor. Some doctor, any doctor. You will need to change or add a second round of the zpack. You may even need levaquin. Zpacks are a LOT cheaper than levaquin. They are also very strong.

Sending some hugs. Also sending you a pm in just a minute.

donna723

Lisa, I hope that by now you're sound asleep and that the medications kick in and you wake up feeling 100% better!