sick

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Ugh I guess the "enemy" couldn't knock me down mentally so now he's aiming for physically. I have been sick since 5am yesterday. Throwing up, sharp pains in my tummy and the other. The other has bright red blood and lots (sorry if I am being graphic). I am waiting to hear back from the Gastro doctor, I am sure they are going to once again recommend the dreaded test that I have been putting off like the plaque. But my fragile system has been fine for the past few months so i am wondering if I did not get food poisoning somehow?

I am just praying I am feeling better b4 court Friday morning.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Heard there is an outbreak of Salmonella sp? by TOMATOES.......have you had any? Hope you find some answers and feel better!

nvts

Ugh! I wish I could think of something to make you feel better. I have to take husband for an Upper GI on Friday and a lower the following Friday.

I don't envy you. It could be food poisoning, but I'd be a little concerned about the red.

Feel better!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
(makes sign of the cross with fingers and puts on hospital mask)

in muffled tone - A Poem by Star

A poem I wrote for Amaze to get better
I made it short and not like a letter

You're butts a river your mouth a volcano
There is no politeway to say this bug hit you like Draino

So here is hoping you start feeling well
Because sister it sounds like you're going through #@((

Yeah I should really go work for Hallmark. (snicker)

Hope you feel better soon

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, that's the WORST kind of sick. I hope you get better.

by the way...the poem was in a 'sick' sense, no pun intended, very good.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Star, just how MANY cups o' joe do you have every morning? Very clever!

Amaze, so sorry about the bloody D. Hope they also do a stool culture to check for C-Diff. It's a nasty bug that can cause those symptoms.

Make SURE you get enough to drink and replace those electrolytes you are losing from the basement! The BRAT diet is probably best for you right now -- bananas (helps form the stool), rice (easy to digest), applesauce (ditto), and my brain hasn't kicked in yet so I can't remember what the T is for! Mashed potatoes, broth, yogurt.... all good. NOW I REMEMBER -- T is for TOAST!

by the way, if you have to be scoped, at least you're probably already pretty well cleaned out! The prep is the worst part. difficult child 1 had a scope in April and his prep went REALLY easy this time 'cuz his GI uses Miralax (it's OTC now). No taste, no color, no smell, you mix it with any clear liquid (I guess vodka doesn't count) and drink... difficult child 1 had to consume 80oz of liquid that day with the Miralax and it was SO easy. Pictures came out GREAT.

Abbey

Spork Queen
(cue sound for demo lady)

Hi! How are you today?

Well...I've got it pretty bad. Coming out both ends.

Oh, my. Well, I've got the PERFECT solution for you...it's called Ensure. You don't want to deplete your body of it's nutrients, do you?

Umm...I guess not.

Of COURSE you don't!! Why don't you try a sample to see if you can keep it down. I'll keep the trash can near in case of an 'accident.' Actually, why don't we move my station near the restroom...just in case.

(rolling cart near the restroom)

Hmmm...that's not too bad! I think I'll buy one.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
LOL thank you for the poems and skits and well wishes

Dr. Says liquids and rest, and try not to get stressed, LOL, he does not know my life, now does he?

Blood work and CT 2morrow and the intrusive butt scope next month when I am feeling better.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Now is butt scope a new medical term? Ewwwww, I do not envy your waiting a whole month with this hanging over your head or should that be hanging somewhere else? Hope you feel better and can avoid the ........ scope altogether!

meowbunny

I've found that docs aren't overly concerned if the blood is bright red in stools. Usually just means you've irritated a hemorrhoid. It's when it is dark that they start really worrying.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sx sound an awful lot like an e.coli infection, actually. It goes around in salads, cut up fruits, all sorts of good stuff.

C.diff is a possibility, but that is still more of a hospital acquired infection. It can be a doozy though. I nearly died of it a few years ago after having abdominal surgery.

Ask your doctor to run a fecal culture for both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.