Sicko humor for middle and high schoolers

TerryJ2

difficult child showed me this, and another video today. I feel so ... loved. (gag). You know when you're supposed to like it when your kids tell you everything?
Anyway, this is what they've been watching. A series of sort of a combo juvenile, white satire, corporate parody, Monte Python wannabes with a sicko twist.

P.S. I almost turned this one off halfway through, but you need to watch it until the end.

P.P.S. I made him watch two Candid Camera skits, to get even. :)

(Moderators, I meant just for the link to be here but it posted the actual video. Does this take up too much bandwidth?)
Classroom Skit
[]

Last edited by a moderator:

keista

Well, I'm laughing, but I think only because I find it ludicrous that kids are finding that funny. And it's not that I found it too darkly humorous or anything, I just found it ..........stupid. I dunno. I've never been a big fan of stupid comedy (think Ace Vuntura, Dumb and Dumber).

TerryJ2

Oh, well, if you're into Dumb and Dumber, this would qualify. Except that there's either a shooting or family tragedy in every one. I've never seen Dumb and Dumber, except for the trailers ... don't know if it's that dark.
So, this is how difficult child is learning his social skills ... and he absolutely hates "social stories." Of course.

keista

I haven't seen it either, but I know it's not dark, again in my opinion just stupid.

So, this is how difficult child is learning his social skills ... and he absolutely hates "social stories." Of course.
Now THAT's scary!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmm. I don't get this sort of humor......

Which is saying quite a bit since I have a very odd sense of humor. lol

DammitJanet

Terry, I am very confused. I thought you said in posts on General that you were taking the computer away from him completely? If so, why on earth is he having access to watch something like this? I dont think this qualifies as schoolwork.

If you are interested in him having a computer that he can use simply to do schoolwork and nothing else like gaming, they have something called Chromebook. Its web only, wifi only and you have a small hard drive just for the operator system. He wont be able to play games on them. Basic machine...no gaming. When he is done working, take the computer to your room and lock it up. Its not very expensive. Its a small lap top.

buddy

but so may games are on the web... is it that there is not enough memory and speed for it??? just curious

DammitJanet

Nope. Cant run games. small hard drive basically enough to surf the web to do what you need to do on the web. You can get on fb and play fb games or play games on pogo but it only has 2 gigs of ram. a 16 gig hard drive that basically just holds the operating system and things like the operating system and maybe its word program. Everything else is stored online. Nothing is stored on the computer. Look it up online. The who notebook only costs about 300 new. Perfect thing for a certain type of people because you cannot download anything.

TerryJ2

Oh, this was my computer. He still does not have his. His is in bits and pcs in my ofc. He had a friend over a cpl wks ago and they were going absolutely hystercial and I kept bugging them to tell me what was going on. difficult child said "no" so many times, I gave up. Finally, he was in a good mood AND surely wanted to at least be near a computer, so I let him stand next to my monitor and tell me which one it was.
Normally I would have told him to take a flying leap, but since I was the one who bugged him to begin with, that's what happened. It probably makes no sense here, so yes, Janet, your memory is correct. His computer is unplugged for a long, long time. And I still have a lock on my door.

TerryJ2

Oh, by the way, I have two computers coming back into the house that a friend repaired. I told him to take his time, mo's ago, because I know that difficult child is always getting grounded off of his computer. ;) So, one of them I will sell, and the other will have no Internet access and will only be used for school. If difficult child needs Internet for a project, I have to stand next to him. (And no, he cannot use this money to pay the phone bill. This is mom's money. :) )