Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by DaisyFace, Mar 23, 2010.

1. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

So difficult child came home from school very excited and proud of herself. She said that she had done a really great thing and felt so happy about it. That's great!

So what was the great thing?

Well, seems she went up to a middle-school student who had a rash on his face and told him he should put some Cortisone cream on it.

Didn't even know the name of the boy. Just saw the rash on his cheeks and decided to give him some medical advice. I didn't even know what to say. I tried to expain that maybe that wasn't the best thing to do with a total stranger. difficult child explained that he wasn't a stranger because he was on the bus.

2. Farmwife

Farmwife Member

Kids these days, lol. My difficult child is just as thoughtful.

I try to put into context for him. If he is receptive I ask him how he would feel if the roles were reversed. IE: How would your difficult child feel if some guy she barely knew introduced himself with a comment perhaps about her hair, like maybe she should use more gel so it isn't so frizzy or whatever.

Sometimes I think logic and cause/effect are lacking in teens. I miss that sense of knowing it all. It's like the older I get the more I realize I don't know as much as I used to think I did.
  3. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

OMG! LOL!
    That is too cute.
    Not so cute to the kid with-the rash, but from an Aspie mom's point of view, I love it!
    I heard your sigh all the way to my house.
  4. klmno

klmno Active Member

Yeah- they know it all at this age. I told difficult child that last night- it will take him until he's in his 20's to figure out that he doesn't.
  5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Oh, you're lucky! My difficult child won't get it until he's in his 60s! :tongue::surprise:
  6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Is that her feeling grandiose maybe? Like she knows it all -- I mean REALLY knows it ALL. Just sayin' because that's something difficult child 2 has been known to pull when he's a wee bit manic.
  7. klmno

klmno Active Member

Oh- mine will figure out out when he's in his 20's because I WILL NOT be there and he'll be on his own.
  8. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

O who the heck knows????

The new doctor we are working with is trying very hard to motivate difficult child to be "nicer" to others--for lack of a better word. difficult child is generally the bully, the liar, the thief, the schemer etc.

I guess this is difficult child's version of being "nice". And she's very, very proud of herself.

sigh, again....
  9. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I was always worried when Miss KT was proud of herself about something...it usually meant either a huge crash of emotion or a call from school.