--sigh--

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So difficult child came home from school very excited and proud of herself. She said that she had done a really great thing and felt so happy about it. That's great!

So what was the great thing?

Well, seems she went up to a middle-school student who had a rash on his face and told him he should put some Cortisone cream on it.

Ta-Da!!!

Didn't even know the name of the boy. Just saw the rash on his cheeks and decided to give him some medical advice. I didn't even know what to say. I tried to expain that maybe that wasn't the best thing to do with a total stranger. difficult child explained that he wasn't a stranger because he was on the bus.

--sigh--

Farmwife

Kids these days, lol. My difficult child is just as thoughtful.

I try to put into context for him. If he is receptive I ask him how he would feel if the roles were reversed. IE: How would your difficult child feel if some guy she barely knew introduced himself with a comment perhaps about her hair, like maybe she should use more gel so it isn't so frizzy or whatever.

Sometimes I think logic and cause/effect are lacking in teens. I miss that sense of knowing it all. It's like the older I get the more I realize I don't know as much as I used to think I did.

TerryJ2

OMG! LOL!
That is too cute.
Not so cute to the kid with-the rash, but from an Aspie mom's point of view, I love it!
I heard your sigh all the way to my house.

klmno

Yeah- they know it all at this age. I told difficult child that last night- it will take him until he's in his 20's to figure out that he doesn't.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Is that her feeling grandiose maybe? Like she knows it all -- I mean REALLY knows it ALL. Just sayin' because that's something difficult child 2 has been known to pull when he's a wee bit manic.

klmno

Oh- mine will figure out out when he's in his 20's because I WILL NOT be there and he'll be on his own.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Is that her feeling grandiose maybe? Like she knows it all -- I mean REALLY knows it ALL. Just sayin' because that's something difficult child 2 has been known to pull when he's a wee bit manic.

O who the heck knows????

The new doctor we are working with is trying very hard to motivate difficult child to be "nicer" to others--for lack of a better word. difficult child is generally the bully, the liar, the thief, the schemer etc.

I guess this is difficult child's version of being "nice". And she's very, very proud of herself.

sigh, again....

KTMom91

I was always worried when Miss KT was proud of herself about something...it usually meant either a huge crash of emotion or a call from school.