Signed up for wrap around finally

crazymama30

So I finally got signed up for wrap services for difficult child. It sounds like it will be good, but we will see. His case manager also signed both kids up for a service called COPY (don't remember what it stands for) but it is for kids who have a parent who is incarcerated, and since husband is in jail they qualify. Basically sounds like a big brother/sister type of program. It would be great to have someone to just take the kids out to do fun stuff with them. I am hoping maybe we can get someone to ride horses with easy child, she loves horses and that would mean the world to her.

Next week difficult child goes to his first meeting with the case worker. I am leery of how that will go, but she did say she can sign us up even if he does not want to be so that did make me feel better.

I sure could use something good happening, so lets hope this is it!

L

Liahona

I hope for peace and good things for your family. You and your kids really need a break from stress.

DammitJanet

Good luck. Kids may be resistant at first with everything that is going on right now but here is hoping that the people working with them know to be caring and supportive in building the bonds. Still sending lots of hugs to you and yours.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad you have services in place. The program sounds good. It really would be good for easy child if they could find someone to ride horses with!

crazymama30

I talked to easy child about it, and she seemed to be really positive about it. Have not mentioned it to difficult child yet, he has been in rare form today. He has been vacillating between yelling at me and having fun with me. No happy medium with that kiddo, it is all or nothing. He was good when we went garage saleing. We came home, and I fell asleep for a few hours, I was more tired than I thought. When I woke up up he was ticked at the world. Maybe because I fell asleep? Who knows.

He calmed down some, and asked if we could go play badminton outside. We have not done that in forever. It seemed to be just what he needed, we had a good game and he calmed down. Sometimes with him, I just don't know.