Single Parenting and the mom of eight, well, fourteen

K

Kjs

I really do not understand. The risk of having complications, jeopordizing the mothers live as well as each of the babies is so high with multiple births. Why would you risk that to begin with.

Second, she already has a challenging child. From what I read she recieves SSI for two of her children. They gave a total of a little over $2000. If one child is already on the autism spectrum, where in the world is this child having the one on one time needed? The appointments, the therapy? Each child deserves some "mom" time. There is just not enough hours in the day for this. And mom having "me" time?? When, where, how? How could she ever afford child care? I heard her mention on an interview that she will be using her degree to support the children. HOW? Unless someone offers free childcare she won't be going to work for a very long time. Then some. Even when all the children are school age - How can you keep a job, home, meals prepared, laundry for 14 children, homework? I can't see going a single week without a call from school that one of the children fell down, is sick, is not behaving..etc. We have ALL been there done that way too many times with just our few kids.

The babies are getting short changed. And who is going to pay for these kids?
Is grandma and grandpa going to have to spend their "golden years" raising her kids?
Too guilt ridden to walk away. They know the kids need their time, how can they walk away?

Then there is my son. My oldest son. 26 years old and says he doesn't know what the big hoopla is. Nobody has the right to tell anyone how many kids they can have.
OMG - I mentioned the money, but it just doesn't click. Maybe because he is unemployed. But not having the one on one time, it just is not right.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I have nothing against getting your nails done, or shopping - who knows how much money she has netted on her internet donation website - she probably thinks she won the lottery. My guess is her money planning is on the same par with her fertility planning. Her food stamps may be a moot point now as well as the state will consider her having "income". She will be enabled for quite some time from lots of people.

But I do hope they do something about the doctor. The LA times had an article Saturday with a woman who was overjoyed to be going to him. Seems none of the other doctors would do any kind of fertility treatment because of a severe weight problem. They told her to lose weight and come back. He agreed to treat her -weight was not a problem. I guess he figures he gets paid up front if she or a potential baby, or two, or three, or four, dies from a medical problem stemming from her pregnancy - her bad. To me,if you want a baby so much, wouldn't you do what you could to make sure both you and the baby survived - but we have evolved to a world of instant gratification.

They really need to put down some LEGAL guiderules with some teeth in it instead of just ethical ones - I have to believe that most of the doctors who do this are ethical, but there are some, and am hoping this guy just isn't the tip of the ice berg, who could care less - its all about the money.

Marcie

TerryJ2

To me,if you want a baby so much, wouldn't you do what you could to make sure both you and the baby survived - but we have evolved to a world of instant gratification.

Absolutely.