Single Parents

mstang67chic

Going Green
A friend of mine is a single mom and I've made some observations lately.

Just because you are or have been a single parent doesn't mean you should tell another single parent what they should do.

Just because someone else worked three jobs and was a single parent does not mean that it will work for another single paren'Tourette's Syndrome situation.

Just because one person can work 2nd shift and be a single parent does not mean that another person can.

Just because you've (or someone you know) did all types of things as a single parent, doesn't mean that anyone else can or will.

Each situation is different just as each child is different and the personal financial issues of people are just that....personal.

Off my soap box now, just wanted to vent a bit for my friend.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Everyone she seems to come into contact with lately thinks they know what is best for her and they don't hesitate to tell her. She's a good person and works hard doing what works for her family. It's just got her down that so many people are basically telling her that she's doing almost everything wrong.

meowbunny

I learned a long time ago to ignore the well-meaning people in my life. They had wonderful advice that worked for them but it didn't work for me. I would listen, nod my head, thank them and then do what I felt was right. Sometimes I even tried it their way. Worked a time or two, usually didn't. But I knew their heart was in the right place, they just didn't have a clue. So, tell your friend to take what she wants from their advice but to always follow her own heart and mind. No one can walk in her shoes but her.

everywoman

You know, these people tell others how to run their lives because their own lives are not running the way they want. I've got a lady I work with. For years she tried to give me and others advice on how to raise our children----and she's never had any of her own. Better yet, my gfgbiomom has often tried to barge in with advice on how to raise mine, and she didn't even raise me or my sister or 1/2 brother. Tell your friend to just think to herself, "Well. God bless you." when someone offers unsolicited advice. It just makes you feel better and if you say it over and over in your head, it drowns out their useless drivel.

judi

It goes for many pieces of suposed "good advice." I remember when our son was at his worst and how everyone had a "cure." LOL