Sleep study tonight and all day tomorrow

StressedM0mma

difficult child and I go tonight for her sleep study. They are doing an extended one because of her sleepiness. I am guessing we will find nothing, but we are doing it none the less. I would love to find something, but I am starting to think it is mostly depression and anxiety. I think when things become to much she sleeps to shut everything out.
On a positive note, we FINALLY got her to drop the math class!! She admitted to the psychiatrist yesterday that it and her Bio. class make her extremely anxious. So, last night after some major tears and frustration she agreed that it would be best to just retake it next year. She wanted to continue taking it, and then just retake it. We told her no way. She can just use the study hall. So, hopefully with that class gone and time to do work during school, things will start to improve.

TerryJ2

VERY good, on both counts! Less stress, more learning.
Let us know how the sleep study goes. Best of luck!

buddy

Good, glad you have both things in the works. It will be nice to know either way with the sleep thing. just one more thing to narrow down what treatment will be best. Thinking of you!

InsaneCdn

Sleep study may also reduce her anxiety... either way. If there is a problem, there will be ways to solve it or at least have an impact. If there is no problem, its one less thing to worry about.

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. I am hoping that when she is back to school on Thursday after the study she will feel more relaxed and can focus on school.

B

Bunny

I'm glad to hear that she finally realized that this is really the best thing for her to do at this point. Hopefully, with these two classes dropped she will have less anxiety and will be able to function a little better.

I hope that the sleep study fnds something. Good luck.

StressedM0mma

TeDo I was typing quickly to hurry before difficult child got back from the bathroom. I was trying to say that difficult child is grouchy!! She is tired of being here, and of having to sit around and wait for her next scheduled "nap" time. I don't blame her. It seems as soon as she is going to sleep, they are coming in to wake her up. On the plus side, 3 of the 4 naps are done, so after the next one we can head home.
Thank goodness she has riding lessons tonight to look forward to otherwise I have a feeling it would be one bad evening.

buddy

Not sure when you last posted.... hope things are wrapping up. Too bad you got a grouch...no one needs that. I bet you are exhausted. I am glad she has her riding too....she will need a mind shift to get out of this. I really hope they find some answers at least...was she exhausted today like she is at home or not... hard to be normal in that kind of situation I am sure. HUGS... update us when you have a minute...

StressedM0mma

Well, we are home, and I scrubbed all of the stuff out of her hair that held the leads in place. She is asleep on the chair right now. More out of boredom I think. She is just super anxious to go to her lesson. She is heading in to brush her teeth right now. She did manage to nap everytime she needed to. I think I did too. It is hard to constantly have to wake up just after you fall asleep. I was told we should have answers in 5-7 days. So, either way we will know if it is organic or a manifestation of her depression/anxiety.