Smell help - need to pick your brains

H

HaoZi

I would think I'd have seen a bag, but maybe not. The best way I can describe the smell is... you know how really sick old people smell? Not all of them, but certain ones, and if you've smelled it you know the exact smell I'm talking about. I've smelled it on other old people out here, too, it's a specific smell. That's the smell. And I do know that not all those sick old people had bags (some might but I know for certain that others didn't have one but still had that smell).

InsaneCdn

Wonder if you can still get those ionizing air filters?
Way back when I first started working... in a very small office, with a very heavy chain smoker (yah, that bad... we used to joke that he got most of his smoke from his own second hand smoke)...
The day came when the rest of us went to the boss to complain. (no laws about it back then...)
And two days later, the boss came in with an armload of ionizing air filters. One for each office - including the smoker's.

It wasn't a 100% cure, but it really did make a difference.
Not sure what all they work on, but most had some form of charcoal filter along with an electronic process.

InsaneCdn

The best way I can describe the smell is... you know how really sick old people smell? Not all of them, but certain ones, and if you've smelled it you know the exact smell I'm talking about.
The ones I know about where the smell could be traced... were serious long-term dental decay. <ugh, I know>

H

HaoZi

The ones I know about where the smell could be traced... were serious long-term dental decay. <ugh, I know>

OMW... This seems to emanate from their body rather than than their mouths, but I can't rule it out as a starting pointing if it goes system-wide.