Snow storm...yikes

K

Kjs

There was just a big big big boom outside. difficult child called wants to be picked up, he thinks someone bombed us and he is going to die. I don't have a car, older son has it.

So, I logged onto the local news channel and it said Winter STorm can dump 7 - 9 inches of snow on saturday. starting with sleet mixing with snow, then turning all snow at night. I have to work. I swear every snow storm happens when I work. I have to drive 20 miles one way. Going in at Midnight helps with traffic but it is difficult because the plows aren't out.

Adding more problems is Chloe has to be carried in and out of the house due to the steps. It will be super hard to get her in and out if there is snow. Plus I don't want her to slip and throw her other leg out.

Geez....really hoping that is wrong.

by the way - no mention of the big boom. Sounded like something blew up. Guess we'll have to wait. In the mean time, difficult child is calling the neighbor man to see if he can pick him up. I called and there was no answer. But he knows his cell phone. I have a wonderful neighbor.

Star*

call 911........call 911
We get blown transformers all the time -

Big BOOM
HUGE BARKS - everyone on high alert to kill the boom.....
Then we sit in silence and darkness and wait for the electric company to come fix the boom box - snort - transformer.

BRING THE SNOW HERE _ I WOULD LOVE TO HAV SNOW IN MARCH!!!!!!!

I would love to march in snow.......

skeeter

Ah, yes, transformers go BOOM.....

Growing up, our house was about 2000ft or so away from a switching station / transformer "farm". It got hit by lightning one night, and literally blew all the windows on that side of the house, and me out of bed!

My dad was an amateur radio operator, and we had two towers in our yard. Plus we lived close to the Voice of America tower "farm".

And all of this was out in the middle of no where - farms - cornfields (so not a lot of trees).

We got hit by a LOT of lightning over the years.

mstang67chic

Going Green
My cousin once had a house that had a transformer box right out front. She was having a candle party, it started storming and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! The transformer blew AND blew bright orange. We all screamed. She just sat there....eh..whatever. Apparently it happened a lot. She may have been used to it but it scared the carp out of the rest of us!

Hope difficult child can get home and hope the snow isn't as bad as they are predicting. I keep waiting for us to have one last storm....we never go spring this early.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kjs,
You are going to end up with more snow than us. We are predicted to get 3-6 inches. At least it should melt soon!

We heard a noise like that once but I can't remember what it was.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Snow? Oy vey, we hit 75 today and is supposed to be in the 80's this whole weekend. I am sitting here sweating. UGH, I hate summer!!!

Send some of that snow our way, k?

mom_to_3

My husband talked to a friend of his in Kansas this afternoon and he said they were expecting 6 -7 inches of snow and temps. of 17 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Do not, I repeat, do not send snow our way. I've had enough. And we'll be moving mother in law on wed and I don't wanna do it in snow, or cold for that matter. I've grown to like the unseasonally warm weather we've had.

I agree big Boom could've been a transformer. Yup. LOUD BOOM. been there done that sooooooo many times. Last time at least someone else lost power for a change. sigh

Hope if you get snow it melts quickly.

Hugs

Andy

Booms can be scary - I hope difficult child got hold of the neighbor. You stay safe in your travels to and from work!

KTMom91

You may send the snow to Jungleland if you wish...but do not send it into Fresno County. It's supposed to be in the low 80's all weekend, and I have a bathroom to finish painting.

goldenguru

Snow predicted here too. Only 2 - 4 inches. Hubby took the plow off the truck already. It is almost April for heaven sakes.

ENOUGH already.

K

Kjs

You guys are just so smart. Yep - boom = power plant. I believe it was turning on reactors??? anyone hear of that?

Paper said 7 - 9 inches, but local weather says 3 - 5. Since we live right ON the Lake...I am thinking we won't even get that. Usually a little warmer by the water.

dreamer

well I've been living in a bubble since march 15 of er dr offices radiology rooms & labs up to 10 hours at a time with- infant care nonstop so I've not seen tv or my nespapers much BUT yes last I heard were to drop from our beautifl spring to high winds bitter cold sleet & yes 8 inches of snow. it figures our pantry is bare & I was gonna try to make roadtrip to military commissary to stock up today. sigh. nevermind