SO and the Rock

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Last week I finally got SO to sit down and watch "The Secret" (http://freedocumentaries.net/media/167/The_Secret_/ ) The main principal of the message is something I learned years ago from being an avid reader of anything to do with the metaphical. Its basically the law of attraction.

They mention Gratitude Rocks (although the rock can be substituted for something else). He wants to go out and look for one himself..yeaaaa, so we will be going to the park today to find one for his pocket. My gratitude rock is a piece of crystal hanging roud my neck on a chain - I can count the number of times on one hand I have actually taken it off since the late 70's.

SO dwells pretty much in a state of negativity most times, and is angry he is so ill, which I totally understand. He has forgotten to find some joy in the day somewhere as he is too busy complaining about something. The Rock's purpose is to be a physical reminder of things that are good, that life is good, and there are things you are grateful for.

This week when he has gotten on a roll, I had just asked him "did you find that rock yet". He will stop and say, no, not yet - but I need to go look for one. Its a start :) So I will take a break from work today, and we will go to the park to look for "his rock" or else we will be having the same conversation forever. And he is making his own vision board :) This all may be hokey to some, but if it turns his thinking around even a little, its a good thing.

A lot of our tiffs are over money. I overpaid the bills this month, and have little left in the checking, certainly not enough to last us the two weeks till the next payday. He was slightly freaking and I told him not to worry - money will come via some form somewhere, it always does, and not to worry. He yells and says I am sooo irresponsible when it comes to money...sigh...but on Monday, one of the girls from the Nail Salon in our old office complex called him and needed help to move from one apartment to another. He arranged with a guy from the coin shop in the old office complex who has a truck to help. When he went over that day, he ended up helping her pack some of her things, and she gave him 50.00. Moving her on Thurs and Fri will be worth a hundred or so and we are good to go till next Friday. When he came back and showed me, I just smiled and said, see, I keep telling you this and if there was a light bulb in his head you could see, I could have been blinded...

So even at the end of the day, if he doesn't truely believe, its ok. If the rock in his pocket whose duty it is to remind him of good stuff works just a little in making him think of the good stuff he has assigned to it, it will be a success.

Mrcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marcie...........the rock is sort of a visual version of Let go and let God handle it. And since guys are visual beings, I think its a great idea. :D

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Well, I figure it beats wapping him over the head with a 2x4 everytime something negative comes out of his mouth :) LOL

Mrcie

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, but the 2x4 sounds so fun...

Of course, I seem to be into that violent stuff. Just blast him. (with a rock).

Seriously, what a great idea. I need a rock.

Steely

I am so intrigued by this concept Marcie, I will look forward to hearing about how SO does. I have read The Secret, and made many attempts at implementing the books guidelines, but for whatever reason I find it so hard. It just seems to only work for me for hours, and then I fade.

However, I really, really want to be positive and live in this type of paradigm ~ some have suggested I watch the move ~ so maybe I will. I admire your tenacity, and I hope that SO follows. Keep us updated.

Hugs
Steely

trinityroyal

Marcie, I can so relate to this. Although I haven't read or seen The Secret, what you're describing ties in with the attitude I try to hold. And my husband is a bit of a negative old poop sometimes.

Usually, when he says something really negative, I say in my best Humphrey Boagart voice (which is terrible), "Take it back...I tell you, take it back!" Surprisingly, husband has been taking it back, and is coming out with fever negative statements lately.

Sometimes, though, I can definitely see the appeal of the 2 x 4 upside the head.

Hope you and SO find his rock.

Trinity

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Steely - I gave the link to the movie which is on free documentaries - its much better in the hearing than the reading.

Probably 20 years or so ago I read a series of books by Jane Roberts, who was a channeler of an entity named Seth - she had one book called the Nature of Personal Reality that I go back and re read as a refresher course on a regular basis when I start to lean towards the whiney 'why is my lifelike this" thought process. The one thing that stood out to me was the statement "Your beliefs become your reality - if you don't like the reality, then change your beliefs"

We DIDN"T get the stone today - he was in a p issy mood because Dan asked me somthing and he didn't agree I said ok. He doesn't even have to say anything - I can just look at his face and the expression or hear the sigh. Sooner or later he will be getting happily stuck on negative on his own apartment if he keeps this up - have had about 12 years of it and I see the proverbal camel on the horizon.

:(

Marcie