So can they do anything to me? Getting tired of all this.

LittleDudesMom

I think I'm going to just put it behind me (sigh). You're right.

I think you are making the right decision. It's time to move on. Focusing more energy on this issue is counterproductive to your well-being. Good for you for recognizing that fact even though you feel the "book is not finished".

DDD

MWM add me to the list of your friends who hopes you can leave this episode behind you. Like everyone else I know you did not do anything wrong. Like you, however, I have experienced the emotional upheaval of being unjustly and unfairly let go with no recourse. I truly understand that it has hurt your heart and your sense of self.

on the other hand (particularly in smaller communities) gossip and misinformation travels fast. Where we live it seems like half the people are cousins, lol, and an issue involving person X can easily come back at you later via relative Y. We all know you have a caring and loving heart. Although visiting families is not a choice that most would make...everyone here knows that your intentions were honorable. Problem is that if you don't completely back off that honest action by you can be misinterpreted by uninvolved parties who have just "heard" one version.

You have no way of knowing how an innocent choice could prevent you from realizing future plans. I am so relieved that you are moving forward. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers with strong hopes that the whole incident will quickly fade from memory and be replaced with happy positive thoughts. Hugs DDD

witzend

I agree that only the families can file a complaint. I also agree with Janet that you should probably not go to their homes. If I wanted to stay in touch, I would send them a card saying only, "It's been great working with your child" (positive) and be sure that your contact information is on it. They can contact you.

By all means, avoid "I'll miss little Susie", or "I'm so sad that I can't be there", etc. That way they know where you are if they want you to babysit or anything. And if they come up to you in the store or on the street, you should feel free to say whatever you like to them.

BusynMember

Actually, most of my contact was by mail and they called me or I ran into them.

Every time I let it go, Head Start contacts me again for some reason (mostly harassment that usually has little to do with the kids). They don't want to fire me. I'm not sure why. So they keep wanting me to come in and attend meetings, etc. Husband told me to change my phone number and let him read any mail from them first. I did change my phone number and I feel better! I doubt they will put much on paper.

Although I live in a small town, I keep to myself and nobody knows my business. on the other hand, if they do learn it, I don't really care...lol. Let them gossip. They never get their gossip right anyhow :)

As for my future, I am 59 1/2. I don't have much of a working future. There are just sooooooooo many things I can't do. I was accepted into a program called Community Care Services for people with serious disabilities. You have to flunk a functional behavioral thang to get in, but I made it easily. While the caseworker was reading my various puzzling but serious disabilities out loud, I felt like crying. I really do have as many issues as a child who has moderate (not high functioning) autism. The left side of my brain is deficient...period...so anything controlled b y the left side of my brain is not working well and is in a very low function range. I sometimes think my mood problems are due to this leftsided brain malfunction and that the borderline wasn't borderline but a lack of self-control due to, again, the left sided brain problem. As far as I know, I have never had a stroke. They think it could have been a birth injury or else a genetic deficit (yep, you can be born with one). My mom was a lot like me, only not as bad. She could work, for example.

Sorry for that short vent.

Anyhow, I don't have to worry about my "resume"...lol. If I get a job it will be through this service and the employer will know how much trouble I have with jobs and that I may need a job coach. Honestly, I wish they had had this help for me years ago. I married jerky husband #1 because parents thought it was deliberately slacking and getting fired at work so they wanted me out and I *knew* I could make it on my own so I got married to the first willing man. I still probably could not live on my own without help, so I'm sort of relieved that I won't have to...this agency is the same one that is watching out for Sonic. Yet it's disheartening to face all the stuff that people do every day that I can't do. I won't go into w hat they are.

Head Start...the job...it was a good match for me. I'm really good with kids and I was good with the parents too. I do have a disability lawsuit out on them. I don't expect to win, but I do hope they are bothered enough not to treat other employees like crapola. I hope they think twice about what an employee could do if mistreated and angry. Although I'm choosing not to visit kids or send out any more letters, mostly since I already talked to everyone, it was not illegal to do so and there is nothing Head Start can do to stop me or any other employee from keeping contact with the kids they grow to love, if the parents agree to it (or are even anxious for it!). I hope they keep that in mind next time they want to treat a worker like last week's garbage. Unlike private comapnies, Head Start desperately wants to have a good reputation, which is why I think they freak out and fire people so fast and for such stupid reasons. I don't think they were as mean to anyone else though. Still...they WERE mean...I just hope John has learned that not everyone will go quietly when they are treated with so much disdain and disrespect...and that he changes this. John treats his employees like they aren't fit for him to wipe his feet on...nobody likes him.

I'm glad they can never call me again for ANY reason.

DDD

Recently you said, I think, that you and your husband wanted to foster older children. That was what I had in mind when I suggested keeping a low profile. No matter...I'm in your corner. DDD