So darling ktbug announces that....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
that she's going to spend a week with the infamous L & is leaving today. L's boyfriend & some 50 y/o pervert named J (who had been calling kt asking for pictures & telling her he wanted some sweet young thing) would be picking kt up.

I went from disbelief to terrified in about 15 seconds. Who is this J? And what the heck are you thinking? I don't think so, etc, etc, etc.

I finally took a deep breath & asked kt what she was asking me ~ turns out that she was freaking & didn't want to say no to L. I told kt to let L know that I would be calling the police if her boyfriend & J turned up to my doorstep. Additionally, since L was here last time things have gone missing so L was no longer welcome in my home.

kt was relieved - she needed an out & didn't know how to ask for it. I told her next time please just ask. I can handle being the bad guy.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
WHEW. Wow, I would have been panicking, too, Linda.

I'm glad kt wanted an out... It shows she's thinking about stuff, at least. :biggrin:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd like to see him show up at your door and YOU open it......:rollingpin:.........News at 6 AND 11.

Bravo KT......Way To Go Warrior Mom.

busywend

TL - awesome job!

I came to recognize when Jen wanted me to say No to something she needed permission for. The first clue was always that she was giving me too many details, or sort of delaying my answer by talking. Sometimes I would just say No and other times I would ask her if she wanted me to say No. Sometimes I talked her into a Yes by pointing out some details she did not think of. Obviously, not for going off with a 50 year old! Yikes!
It did become kind of a cool connection we had together. You know there are not many of those with these kids.

Steely

WOW - so relieved that KT has the kind of relationship with you where she can just "talk". Matt and I have that, and he will blurt out anything if it is really bothering him. Thank god. Because many obstacles have been averted because of that.
Hugs to you and KT.

susiestar

Roll With It
Marg said what I thought. I would at least let kt's case worker and tdocs know about this.

I am proud that kt was able to come to you to give her an out. So often our kids get talked into soemthing and don't really know how to get out of it. I can remember some situations when I was a teen where I really didn't want something to happen but was getting a lot of pressure. My parents were always willing to say no or invent a curfew or whatever that would make them the bad guy and I have also done it for Wiz. Jess doesn't seem to need it, but she is a weird kid, strangely grounded and independent.

Anyway, this says a TON about kt's growth and maturity and about the connection and trust she has with you.

I am glad that L and her creepy friends have been thwarted again. Can you get a restraining order to keep her away from kt and your home?

TerryJ2

OMG, you had my heart going there for a minute, too.
I am so glad she told you.
Don't know what else you can or will do about the other "friend," in lieu of Marg's comment.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
What's that program on TV? Something like "To Catch a Predator". I would plant in the mind of her "friend" that I am part of this anti child abuse program and watch her and her ilk pee their pants. My blood boils when I hear about this ****. You got her out of that environment. Why would they think it's okay to allow her to be abused again???

H

HaoZi

Scared me, too. Glad you recognized she needed that out and that she also agreed she needed that out. State laws vary so much on age of consent things, can you call the police on him?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ladies, sorry it took me so long to get back here (have/had an ailing dog on my hands). kt & I had gone to therapist that afternoon; therapist suggested to kt that instead of causing chaos to just ask me to tell her no. kt knew this whole situation was "creepy" & didn't want to go. kt told therapist that the minute I mentioned having the police called if they showed up here she knew that it was going to be okay "safe".

kt has agreed not to announce "this or that" is happening ~ she's going to check in with therapist, myself or mental health CM. kt also promised to ask out right that she needed boundaries, limits or "no" when she's feeling in over her head.

Unfortunately, this has been a long term problem ~ the kids she met & made friends with in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) have made life very difficult of late. kt is terrified of meeting/making friends who are "normal" (her words) because she doesn't think she can relate....that's another thread entirely.