So disappointed, back to using a walker-

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well since I blew my top things have improved. easy child made dinner, h has been very accommodating. difficult child still hasn't cleaned the house but easy child ran the vacuum. difficult child will clean on Saturday.

Still in a lot of pain, back is killing me! Chiro tomorrow morning.

Thank you for the thoughts , I hop my back gets better by Monday.

Glad easy child and husband are finally starting to "get it." Hope difficult child follows through tomorrow. Thinking of you, hoping the chiro appointment helps with the pain. Feel better ASAP!! SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks SFR, h is doing better. And so is easy child. I'm grateful for when they follow through and help me! My friend took me to the chiro this morning so I was able to get some relief. Right now I'm kind of half sitting on the edge of the bed and it's tolerable. I hate to lie down because although it's tolerable, after a while, my back and knee freeze up. Just have nothing good to say, I should just shut up. I spoke with my PT and he is going to call me knee surgeon and ask if he can have me fitted for a passive knee splint which will at least work on my range of motion without pulling or stressing my back. I'm hoping the dr agrees, because I'm really petrified that I will have a lifelong limp if I cannot get the PT done that i need!!

On an up note, I bought my friend a coffee at dunkin donuts after the appointment and discovered that daughter is once again offering the cute pink heart shaped Boston creme donuts for valentines day!! I'm so jazzed! Thank goodness I'm homebound or I'd buy one every day! They are my favorite and oh so yummy!

InsaneCdn

H&R... you probably should be in contact with the PT, and ask what modifications can be done to your exercises, so that your progress on the knee front isn't derailed by the left-curve on the back "front".

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H&R... you probably should be in contact with the PT, and ask what modifications can be done to your exercises, so that your progress on the knee front isn't derailed by the left-curve on the back "front".

I have been in constant contact. He emailed me some modified exercises to try that won't pull on my back. With H's help, I'm going to try some tomorrow. It's still stiff but it feels better tonight. I'm beginning to feel optimistic again! Thanks!!

LittleDudesMom

Jo,

so sorry to read about your set-back - I'm a little late here, but it sounds like you are getting things under control! Hugs.

Sharon

DDD

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking of you and hoping for improvement. Hugs. DDD

buddy

Hope you can get the brace and your back will not continue to bother you.... Feel better soon. (OH and yipee your family got a clue.. funny sometimes my family will act defensively or passively like they did nothing wrong when one of us is upset with the others....but it does sink in and we really do love eachother so without admitting anything we will all rally around the person in need... PRIDE, sigh... thank heaven usually we do say sorry)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hope you can get the brace and your back will not continue to bother you.... Feel better soon. (OH and yipee your family got a clue.. funny sometimes my family will act defensively or passively like they did nothing wrong when one of us is upset with the others....but it does sink in and we really do love eachother so without admitting anything we will all rally around the person in need... PRIDE, sigh... thank heaven usually we do say sorry)

Hahaha buddy, I can tell H is waiting for me to ask him for help and he's very busy so I won't but it's funny because I can tell he's actually trying to be patient, lol. It's nice when your family and friends come through for you!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Better late than never (I guess).....

After my brain injury my husband & the tweedles really struggled to cope because I was the "go to" person. I couldn't walk or talk yet alone think straight. I hated the way my family, especially my husband, assumed I would be back to normal in a month or two. I believe it was wishful thinking.

It took a doctor or two to get husband on track with the enormity of the situation & how he'd have to learn many of the issues I dealt with including the tweedles.

by the way, sweetie, I had to start using my walker over the last 3 weeks or so. I had just put my cane away & my balance went. I hate that you're having the same issues.....it's so disappointing.

Many gentle (((hugs)))) to you this morning.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw, Linda, gentle hugs to you also! I'm so sorry you've had this setback! You're right, it is incredibly disappointing.

Buddy, my back is slightly better than it was yesterday, still very stiff and I can't sit for long, but better. Sometimes I go to move and feel a slight pull which stops me immediately! I'm so petrified I will injure it worse. Tomorrow is the chiro in the AM and the PT in the afternoon.

Thanks-

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Jo, I'm so glad you blew your top! Hey, whatever works! :) I just hope that they don't backslide so you have to blow your top again. It's amazing, how families take moms for granted.

Glad your chiro can help and that you are working on getting better, one way or another. Fingers crossed.

So sorry, Linda! Gosh, you didn't need that. Feel better.

Jody

Dear Jo,
Let us know how you are doing today after the Chiro and the PT. I hope it went well.

Linda I am sorry to hear you had to go back to the walker. Hopefully your balance will improve soon. Many hugs.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just returned from the PT. It went VERY well! He moved my hips in such a way that I was able to be pain free for a bit and straight! That move also forced my knee to go straight, AMAZING! And he taught me how to do it myself so I will do it at home 8 times a day, 8 times. Yay.

Unfortunately I cannot continue to see both chiro and PT so since I need to get my knee in order, I'm going to see the PT and cancel with my chiro. It's not that I have more faith in one over the other. It's just this is better for ALL of me. I hope my chiro is understanding, as I love her and she's always been great!

Back still hurts but I'm hopeful for the first time in a few days now. My surgeons office? Kind of peeved at them because they still have not returned to me the corrected paperwork for my disability OR the refil script for the oxycodone so my financial resources are at risk and I'm taking vicodin until I get the script for the oxy, which sticks because that stuff makes me cry a lot, which I've been doing all day, ugh. Hate it!

Thanks for caring.