So... does anyone have Valentine's day plans?

tiredmommy

We're not doing anything special expect that I'll make husband's favorite dinner: roast beef. We're laying low because Duckie has really needed a low key weekend.

Does anyone have any plans?

:gifts:

nvts

As it stands right now, I plan NOT to kill AH (um, I meant husband).:angel::angrygirl::bloodshot:

Hope you have a nice, tender roast and a happy valentines day!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sticks and stones
May Breaks My bones
But Whips and Chains
Excite me....:surprise:

Oh wait, that's right...NOT married.

Popcorn & a Harry Potter Movie.....:tongue:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Not many wives get to see her guy's heart up close and personal. husband had a few irregular heartbeats and had to have a procedure as an outpatient this week.
So I know that a gift and special time come in many different packages. I did mention he owed me a Valentine's dinner that's heart healthy. Of course, anything sparkly will be appreciated. :bigsmile:
Just kidding.

KTMom91

Hubby brought roses and a balloon to school on Friday, making a huge hit with the secretaries, and surprising me! Then he followed that up by taking me to dinner at Red Lobster!

Hopefully next week, we'll go to San Francisco...the official reason is because I'm taking a class on the history of San Francisco and have to visit different sites, but the real reason is because I love The City!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Have fun in S.F., Mary! I love that place, too.

We're hanging out here since difficult child 2 is still recovering from the flu. I'll probably end up cooking... husband bought two small lobster tails for me (must be love!) at the grocery store today, so I know what I'M having!

I bought him House Season V when it was on sale at Target a few weeks ago, so we'll probably watch that.

everywoman

I'm a little under today. husband went in and opened the store for a few hours, so I could get some rest. He didn't have any business---5 inches of snow shut us down in SC. He came home with a box of candy, a rose, and cheeseburger baskets from my favorite local dive. If I'm better, we out to dinner tomorrow night.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... husband has to work. But we're going out Monday!

Lunch at Max & Erma's, courtesy of a gift card we got for Christmas. Then we're going to see the Valentine's Day movie. It looks stupid and chick-flicky. Although I got some laughs from the trailer.

We were going to go replacement wedding ring shopping, but if you've seen my Happy Dance thread, you know why we're not!

Andy

I think husband gets off very easy with me as his wife. I am not interested in flowers or jewelry and could care less if I ever ever get a gift (even at Christmas). I finally figured out it is because I don't know how to accept gifts so would rather avoid it at all costs. He usually gets me a box of chocolates with hazelnuts inside.

The only reason I have a plant this year is because difficult child insists that I need flowers. So I picked out a nice little pink plant (don't know the name of it but it is cool - hope it survives me for awhile) that just cost $10.00 - if I have to have something, it shouldn't cost much.

I am also not into Valentine Dinners out and about on Valentines Day itself - too crowded.

This year, the guys at church are making a serving a Valentine dinner to the ladies so that is the plan for tomorrow. The guys were "assigned" tasks so either had to bow out or go ahead, there was no official volunteering. husband and difficult child helped set up for it this morning. I just hope I get to sit with women I can talk with.

I bought a box of chocolates and cards for each husband, Diva, and difficult child. husband also gets a tire gauge, Diva gets the Owl City Ocean Eyes CD (Fireflies song), and difficult child gets an I-Tunes card. That is it for them.

My Sunday School kids will earn their Valentine treat by completing a bible verse look-up worksheet with verses on "Love".

I like giving - just not receiving!

LittleDudesMom

Well, I'm without a Valentine, although my goods do a great job of making me feel loved!

easy child is working 8 hours in the nursery at the gym today (making extra cash!) so I will meet her for lunch and give her a card and a little gift. difficult child will get a card and little gift whenever he decides to get out of bed!

I bought a pretty little pink gerber daisy for exMIL and will deliver that to her after I see easy child. Oh, easy child was going to join difficult child and this evening, but a young man she met at school recently has extended a Valentine invitation to cook her dinner!

difficult child and I will watch District 9 this afternoon. We saw it in the theatre, but bought it when our local video store went out of business. We are making homemade pizza for dinner.

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I asked husband out to lunch at Red Lobster. (using a gift card to help with the cost that we got from Nichole for xmas) We're going at lunch because we have to drive an hour to get there and I don't want to deal with waiting in an over crowded restaurant when I need to get back and plant my nose in a book.

Notice I said......I asked husband, not the other way around. Humph!

Not that I'm crazy over this holiday to begin with. But it gves me the perfect excuse to make him take me to Red Lobster and finally use that darn gift card! lol

sister in law always finds something special for easy child and vice versa those two are good at making sure to appreciate each other. Although Nichole asked sister in law if he was planning on sending flowers to easy child because she has to work today. lol She hinted at him that easy child is craving lots of foods right now......with chocolate being high on the list. :)

Nichole bought a small gift for boyfriend. And told him the only gift she wants to see from him is a ring. Guess her valentine's day will be a volitile one again.

DammitJanet

Im not going anywhere. Im so sick. I have a severe cold and cough. I have somehow acquired cough variant asthma (I think thanks to some of the lovely children on this board! LOL) I cant breathe. My ribs are killing me.

I plan to veg either on the couch or in bed and watch the Daytona 500.

Tony did buy me a nice pink Valentine Heart from Dove filled with chocolate raspberry pieces. One of my favorites.

Yesterday we made 10 pounds of deer sausage. Whew. That was his toy. LOL.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Janet, I hope that you feel better soon, and that you can get some rest today.

GN and Trinity, I'm impressed. I should do the same cleaning, but cleaning the frig and freezer just never seem to inspire me. What technique do you use to motivate yourselves?

I'm taking husband to our favorite corner pub for a Belgian beer and cheese tasting. He's gotten into home brewing as a hobby - so he'll love it. I'm not so crazy about the beer but the cheese rocks! Something tells me that easy child might horn in on this trip.

If I can get going, I'm going to make easy child a carrot cake today - his request for a special treat after his December graduation. As you can see, I'm kind of late :)

I heard Whoopi Goldberg say last week that she's her own best Valentine, and that she always buys herself something special for Valentine's Day. I think she's on to something there... I might just buy myself something next week as husband isn't the romantic sort ... LOL.

Enjoy the day!

Valerie

trinityroyal

What technique do you use to motivate yourselves?

Motivation? Getting the food I want to eat out of the fridge or freezer. That's just about the only thing that'll get me to clean them.

Until yesterday, there was a loaf of bread frozen into the ice accumulated at the bottom of the freezer. I really really wanted toast and realized that there wasn't going to be any until I got that bread unstuck.

As for the fridge, about 2 weeks ago I spilled some sort of syrup in there, and now there are jars stuck to shelves. Eeew.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I took H and difficult child out to breakfast at our favorite place. They messed up our orders and comped us the meal, but I left them $20 because it really wasn't necessary.

This afternoon, H and I are going to visit my nephew in rehab.

Happy ♥ Day everyone!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
In my case, my clumsiness motivated me. I dumped a container of salsa all over one shelf in the fridge, and while I was mopping that up, I noticed that the rest of the fridge was a bit nasty.

The freezer? For some reason it smells like onions? Plus, I'm almost out of raw dog food and figured now would be a good time to clean it before it gets crammed full of raw food again.