SO excited about summer!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 2 has been accepted to the week-long summer camp for developmentally disabled and non-daughter kids!!! The camp director called and said he received our application and check, and confirmed that difficult child 2 is "in" for certain :D

I am just so excited for him because I think this will be a very, very positive experience. PLUS his re-trial of Depakote ER with his Seroquel XR the past few weeks seems to be working, so I am hopeful that he will be stable and functioning well (for the first time in a loooong time) for this summer.

And (please don't hate me) it's looking like I'll be able to have each of my three kids busy for the same week this summer (although easy child will be at a day camp) -- so I'm looking at a HUGE break without kids for most of the day in August! I can HARDLY WAIT!!!! Hmmm.... maybe we can ship easy child off to her cousin's house that week.... :tongue:

Anyway, I'm just so happy that the difficult child's get to go to their respective camps where they will be accepted for who they are, where there is no pressure to fit in because they already DO fit in!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom,
How very cool!! I'm so glad he will be able to attend the camp! I don't hate you but I am a little jealous;) Actually we were just planning difficult child's day camps yesterday. Hopefully easy child will be gone to her scholarship program at the same time difficult child is at camp. difficult child will still be home at nights but it will still be a break!

Jena

Wow that is really cool. There aren't enough programs around here in new york for that. Your right it'll probably be so beneficial for him.

i'm so glad you must be relieved and excited for him.