So Excited!!! Got nephew's birthday gift

JJJ

Okay, so I spent way more than I usually do, but it was so PERFECT!!!!

My nephew is so much like me -- he reads anything and everything. He's turning 12 but can read at a college level. It is a challenge finding him enough age-appropriate reading material.

Shhh....don't tell anyone...but I got him books 1, 2, and 3 of the James Potter series!!!!

If you have a Harry Potter fan who is also a big reader, it is perfect! The first two books are 500 pages long and the 3rd is about 650 pages. Books 1 & 2 are $15 each and book 3 is $18.

JJJ

Nope, not by JK. These are 'fan fiction' written by G. Norman Lippett. And they are just as good as JK's seven. Originally, he wrote a James Potter book for fun for his son but they became very popular among the 'faithful'. Since the HP-world is copywritten to JK, he cannot publish or sell the books. But you can have one custom printed just for you (or your nephew!). The author gives away his pdf of both the text and the cover art.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
So essentially, you're paying him for the supplies, not the text itself?

If they're that good, I might have to take a look! I love to read...

JJJ

Nope, he gets ZERO for it, just the enjoyment and the publicity. He has written other books that you can buy.

Here are the e-books: James Potter Novel Series

If you just want to read it on your computer, its free :)

Mattsmom277

Very cool! Think I'll download them for my eraser and Matt's but have them custom printed for my cousins son for christmas! I hope your nephew enjoys them! I bet they are great. When waiting for the last book to be released we downloaded a fan fiction fake final book and it sounded so authentic and like Jk that it was great.