So how did it go at Ft. Jackson?????

Star*

call 911........call 911
Been waiting to hear how the newest recruit got off at Basic training.

HOW IS THE MOM????? (isn't Columbia lovely?)

Let us know! Waiting to hear!

everywoman

Okay ladies---I've been avoiding posting this. She is two pounds overweight limit. This from a girl who has never had a weight problem in her life. She is 5' and has gained 14 lbs since May?????? She goes back to reweigh and get a new ship date on 8/31. She's embarrassed and I'm dreading gong through all of that again.

DammitJanet

Well...2 pounds isnt much. Tell her to take a look at the requirements for basic training and start the physical training stuff like running, push ups or pull ups, sit ups...etc...what ever it is that they have to do...but especially the running..and she will be ahead of the game and will lose the weight to boot. If she can get down even more weight she will be in better shape because the last thing she wants is to be on a diet tray while in basic.

Abbey

Spork Queen
2 lbs??? Are you kidding me? That would make any woman neurotic about weight!! Are they saying you couldn't support our country because you're 2lbs over the limit? Geezz...give me a spork and I'll take em' on being a couple hundred over my weight:angrydude::sword:.

Tell her not to feel bad. She's doing an honorable thing. She'll make it. Aunties are hooting for her.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It never occurred to me that there would be weight requirements- reminds me of the old days for flight attendants.

It's so hard to get yourself all worked up, only to have to start all over. Fingers crossed it goes well next month.

Suz

everywoman

Okay all you board aunties----she goes again to get weighed on Thursday. If her weight it good, she gets a new ship date---It can be anywhere from a week to a few months. I'm hoping for a week. I'm ready for this to just be over with!!!!