So how's it going so far?

klmno

Our turkey is in the oven and we are about to start cooking the side dishes. The dogs have been licking their thin, black lips with wide-opened eyes all day! difficult child helped with turkey and stuffing and loading the dishwasher. Then, he played the game I rented for him yesterday after he went to school and did the best he could to pull himself out of his "rut". We talked a little about this Christmas, and how gifts will be slim since this has been a tough year. He says he understands and he's ok with it and he loves me. So, I am happy and grateful!!

So, how are things going for everyone else??

OOPS- maybe I should have put this on the WC- if a moderator is around and can move it, that's probably good....

KTMom91

We had a wonderful lunch at Claim Jumper...and then some fat guy ran into the kitchen and threw up. We didn't finish dessert.

We drove by Best Buy on the way home, and people are already camping out. There were probably 20 people with tents and sleeping bags out there, and Best Buy put up porta-potties for them. Target had one sad looking guy sitting by the door.

Stopped at Walgreens and got the giant blow-up snowman and polar bear I wanted...buy one, get one free.

Next on the list is a walk with Buddy , as soon as lunch digests.

Miss KT is at the coast with my mom, brother, and his family. No drama in this direction.

tiredmommy

The family has left, the food is packed, the dishwasher is (over)loaded. My first ever pecan pie was a hit. husband only threatened Duckie a few times. He agreed to take her on in near totality today since I was kitchen bound for the day.

I'm thankful. :)

crazymama30

Good. easy child has spent the day helping family cook, difficult child has spent all afternoon playing with legos, happily, by himself???? I got a nap, and got my rolls, pies, and candied sweet potatoes cooked. Almost ready to go eat.

F

flutterbee

difficult child was very helpful. easy child had to be poked and prodded. We had to dress for dinner. Silly me started that with my kids when they were little and difficult child is big on tradition. Dinner turned out well, but the new medication I'm on has completely killed my appetite and easy child and his girlfriend had eaten earlier at her house. I ate one bite of meat and one roll. 98% of the food is now in the fridge. I'm also fighting to stay awake with every dose of this medication. It's really working very well, I just can't stay awake on it. One more hour til my next dose and then I can go to bed.

But, for cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner, it went pretty well.