So, I Had To File A Formal Complaint

Janna

today with the head of such and such at the partial due to the negligence of psychiatrist.

After Thursdays incident with D's head going through the window, the hypomanic/depressive phases occuring at partial, and his inconsistent, out of control behaviors here (did the worlds realign or shift or something? what the heck happened? I swear I jinxed myself posting here LOL) - psychiatrist has still done nothing.

As I had previously stated, Thursday when we did *very* briefly speak (you know, the part where she told me to throw an extra 100 mg Seroquel his way when he needed sedated and that was that?) - she was quick to offer an immediate recommendation for the psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (RTF).

My MH/MR worker called today and left message for the referral. The return message left for my worker was "psychiatrist will get to it when she gets to it and it probably won't be til Friday when she's at the partial". My caseworker wasn't too pleased by the incredibly rude (saved LOL) message and forwarded it to me.

So, complaint has been filed. I have taken it upon myself to begin tirating off the Buspar, because I am not sure if it can be immediately stopped. He takes 20 mg AM and 20 mg PM, I only gave him 10 mg tonight and he will only get 10 mg AM and 10 mg PM for the next week, hoping I hear from psychiatrist. The medication is doing nothing, so why am I administering it?

I have had some horrible psychiatrists in my time, but this one takes the cake. When I mentioned to the powers that be that I sent my complaint to that she wanted to prescribe my manic son and antidepressant (after I told them about the God awful sides from the other AD's), all they could do was drop their jaws.

klmno

I hope this shakes somebody up. difficult child's is supposed to be pretty good and has "a name" around here and he reminds me if I contact him between the 15 min appts every few weeks that he has hundreds of patients and they all have families trying to deal with their issues and he simply can't respond to them and "treat" them in between appts. This is my big beef too. Tdocs who can't/won't deal with the real problems are not an acceptable substitution for a psychiatrist and my son needs more attention than a psychiatrist who says "try this- if it makes things worse, immediately stop it, and we'll discuss it at the next appointment in 3 weeks". "But here- we can get a therapist to your house to teach you how to do a behavioral contract (on a manic kid- HUH)- if you jump thru hoops and revolve your life around them."

If the "answer" is that the kid has a psychiatric disorder and needs medications from a psychiatrist- then society needs to be spitting out better, more attentive psychiatrists real soon.

TerryJ2

:warrior:Good for you!

I know you're angry and the psychiatrist deserves a good shakeup. And I will probably go through this sometime on my own, so please throw these words back at me when I need them: make sure you don't use up all your energy projecting all your anger onto the (well-deserving) psychiatrist. Your focus should be on doing what's best for your son. Save your energy for him.

WAY TO GO, WARRIOR MOM!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Steely

Ditto MWM.

When I had the ed cons out about Matt's placement he told me that Dr R, Matt's psychiatrist in TX, was literally one of the 2 best he had ever seen. Although that is somewhat reassuring - this was coming from a man who had seen thousands of families. He told me that rarely do the psychiatrists call him back, let alone take the time to talk with him for 30 minutes, like Dr R. It is ever so sad.

As I mentioned in another post, Dr R I found right out of medical school - and she had been interning under the "bi-polar expert". For some people, having a new psychiatrist right out of medical school might not be the best choice - but I do feel that often we all try to go to the "experts" in the field - but by the time they become "experts" they are too tainted by success and workload to be effective anymore. Sometimes it takes the new doctors with new ideas, to really shake things up.

Just my thoughts........I am glad that you filed a complaint.
Way to Go!!!! We should all stand for zero cr@p from our psychiatrists - and demand the industry to live up to our standards - the people who pay them.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am very glad you filed the formal complaint. Unless people complain, no one knows the psychiatrist is being an idiot, and a rude one at that.

Janna

It is a shame. Yep. I'm very, very frustrated.

I could not believe when my CW called me with that message. She'll get to it when she gets to it. What is that? My CW was appalled. Obviously, that's psychiatrists theory with medication management too.

I just want her to write her recommendation for Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). I don't even know, 100%; for sure, D will go there. I MUST do a tour, talk to people, find out information - but at least I have another route besides this psychiatrist. If the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) can be a go - then I don't need her. Unfortunately, the only psychiatrist in my county, gone. I can't even *think* about finding another right now. Geez. No, no, no. I dunno.

I started the weaning process of the Buspar last night. I emailed psychiatrist, cc'ed the partial, and he is down to 10 mg AM and PM, instead of the 20 mg AM and PM. I don't care if they don't like it. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care (chant with me!).

My patience is gone where doctors are concerned. The fact that the medications aren't working is obviously not her fault, but her complete defiance with regard to managing them is. Maybe she's ODD.

B

bran155

Good for you!!! Sometimes we must become a thorn in their sides before we actually get what we need. And that really stinks. It just should not be this hard.

You go girl!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

(((HUGS)))
Shawna :)

p.s. Thanks for the support you have given me. :)

Ropefree

Banned
Find and alternative and get the new one. Just say no! Good for you make a complaint.
We have been really lucky with the people who treat my son. Good relationship is the point.

TerryJ2

but her complete defiance with regard to managing them is. Maybe she's ODD.

That's cutting her way too much slack!