So, I just called K.

Yup, I gathered up all the nerve I had and I called him. (I got the phone number off of the Jaycee's website, of which he is a member).

Had a nice but brief conversation. He was in the middle of installing something for a customer.

I was prompted to call him because I spoke to my brother again yesterday, and I asked him, when you talked to L (just a reminder, L was a girl we both knew from highschool, who was sharing an apartment platonically with K for awhile), and she asked you about the possibility of K being Copper's father, did she seem like she was asking on behalf of K, or to satisfy her own curiosity? My brother said it was totally for her own curiosity.

So I called K. He never got the email I sent him. He was shocked that I was calling about this after all this time. He did say that it was more of an "I wonder" thing, rather than "Gee, I'd better find out". I did offer him that I would have Copper tested. He said you know, I am really in the middle of doing a job, but I will call you back later.

I believe he will. I feel like a million pounds was just lifted off of me.

And for anyone who was following the Matt/Michelle saga in the watercooler, I made a truce with Michelle last night as Tink went to go there for the weekend. At least Tink's brothers will be there.

But Matt & Michelle still deserve eachother.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - first I LOVE that you changed your description of yourself and put teh little kitteh icon there. Good job!

ROFLMAO - that the princess and the toad deserve each other. I can not call him Matt or her Michelle. She does not behave like a Michelle. The only Mat I have to compare matt to is the one on my porch that says - Please wipe your paws.

That you called this fella and he was receptive - I'm nodding.....uh huh.

I'm just glad YOU feel better. And that Tink got to go see her sibs.

Good job kitteh. Youze git da bukitt.

meowbunny

I'm glad you called K. It is up to him at this point. The good thing is Copper doesn't have to be involved until much later, if at all. Good job!

No comment on M&M (never did like that candy -- always eat too much of it and then feel awful) other than I'm glad Tink gets to see her brothers. That's important and a great thing!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I feel very protective of you, BBK. I can hear the *hope* in your post. Hope for what? I'm not sure...hope for resolution, maybe? But still hope.

And I hope he doesn't disappoint you and does call you. And I hope that this can be resolved- however it is. It's the not knowing that's the worst.

Most of all, I hope all of this is gentle on your heart.

Suz

Thank you, Suz.

You know, if he does not call, I won't push it. I'll know that I did the right thing.

It took me this long to call him. It may take him some time before he can call me back. And that's OK.

Copper is none the wiser. For that, I am thankful. It's her heart that I do not want broken. Any more than it already has, anyways.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yes. I figured you were protecting Copper's heart so I didn't need to. You're a good mom, BBK. :)

Suz

Well, he never called me back.

I would have been better if he told me to go scratch. Now I wonder is he just taking his time to mull this over, did he lose my number, or does he have no intentions of calling me back?

Ah well.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Let it go. He can get your number if he wants it. If he wants to call, he will. That should answer a lot of questions you have had about him with regard to Copper.

susiestar

Roll With It
BBK,

I am also worried about YOUR heart. I know you have Copper's covered. I want you to remember that you did the best you could with what you had at the time. You NEVER EVER woke up and thought what can I do today to screw up Copper's life.

so no matter what, it is okay.

As to K, it may be that he needs time to process things. You did, and he may need to also. Or he may never get in contact, in which case you let sleeping dogs lie.

Please know you are in my prayers and thoughts daily.

Hugs,

susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
I asked DF about this - because he has a beautiful (physically) daughter who was raised by a schizophrenic Mother and her overbearing "dallas" type family with boodles of money. She turned out to be ugly inside so ugly it kills DF.

And her mother has MADE SURE that everything has been done to intentionally ground DF's nose in the proverbial manure, and raise this child to grow up HATING her father. He's at a loss and griefstricken. She was and had been his world until the Mother said "Nope I'm getting remarried and you can't see her." In their little town he would have lost - but still got to see his daughter when SHE (the queen) allowed it. And his biker lifestyle left a lot to be desired as being the "at home" perfect dad.

However - he said from a mans point of view - if someone called him from his past and told him HE had a daughter or there was a chance that HE was someones father - he would jump through hoops to make sure that kid knew he never knew, and was loved.

I think he could have come forward sooner - all that "maybe he's thinking" is a load of manure IMVHO - either he wants to be part of her life - or he does not. He has had his chance, you did the right thing all the way around, you're an AWESOME, Mom!!!

You done good girl - I'm PROUD of you!

trinityroyal

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} BBK.
As others have said, you did the best you could with what you knew at the time.
Perhaps K needs time to process, and think, and make a decision.
Or perhaps, as Star suggested, he doesn't really want to be involved but was just wondering.

In any case, you've protected Copper's heart from hurt. Now I'm sending you strength and saying prayers to protect your mommy heart, whatever the outcome.

You have done the right thing. You're a great mom!

Trinity