So I thought we were set .....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Pandora, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Pandora

Pandora Member

but today the technical high school pulled a fast one. They accepted my Asperger's, Special Education son back in March. Today we attended a PPT, where they let us know they didn't believe he was a good match for the school. Definitely pressured us to voluntarily withdraw him, we refused.

Someone needs to tell the assistant principle if he's going to record meetings he's supposed to let all parties know about it.

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry. Good for you for refusing!

3. Pandora

Pandora Member

husband spoke to a lawyer today. She was sort of like maybe we could fight this, but they'd be looking for an excuse to get rid of him as soon as he messed up.

4. Wiped Out

This is so frustrating!

5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, I am so sorry. How awful. How frustrating.

by the way, I love your quotation. :)

6. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Very frustrating. Good for you for not caving. We are behind you 100%!

7. Pandora

Pandora Member

Lawyer looked over IEP, then asks for stuff documenting his academic record. She said she wanted to determine whether or not there was a case that they could make that he was not academically able to handle their work. Brings up a funny situation ..... son didn't have a complete set of test results from NCLB-mandated state testing. So school says he must pass our own set of tests. He did.

The majority of the student body didn't take this test.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Administrator Staff Member

9. Pandora

Pandora Member

We withdrew our son from attendance at the local public school today. If he can't get in to where he was initially accepted he'll be at home this year.

10. Wiped Out

Pandora, I am so very sorry. Which is the one he was initially accepted to, the technical high school? or is that the one you have withdrawn from?

11. Pandora

Pandora Member

He was originally accepted to the technical high school. They then booted him, and sent his stuff to the local high school, whioch promptly enrolled him. I disenrolled him.

Now we have another PPT at the technical high school. It seems telling my son to leave his own PPT (the one where they booted him) was a no-no.

12. Wiped Out

Glad they realized they shouldn't have done that!! Let us know how things go!

13. Pandora

Pandora Member

What's funny is our state law requires children age 13 and up be in attendance at their PPTs. We'd have been breaking the law had we not brought him.

husband bought his own recording device.

14. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

ACK! So sorry. How frustrating.

15. Pandora

Pandora Member

Well, we had the longest PPT is state history (we think.) More than 2 hours, where we battled each objection they had. But we got him re-enrolled.

Oddly, I think he's started to grow on them now that they've seen him.