So I went on Strike!

justour2boys

Momto2Boys
I have had it with my family... I am A stay at home mom and my family treats me like a door mat. So I told them this morning that I was sick and tired of the way I have been treated as a member of this family... so I am taking a week off from being a member of the family. I told them (husband, difficult child#1 and easy child/difficult child#2) that they are on their own. Its all about ME this week!

If I could afford to leave I would, but I cant. So the only thing I told them I would be doing this week would be the afternoon carpool since it effects 2 other families. So other than calling 911 if someone is hurt or the house is on fire.... THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN!!!

You should have seen the look of panic on their faces!

DDD

Way To Go! I imagine it will drive you crazy avoiding all the zillion things that Moms do with-o even thinking about it. LOL.You may not be able to take a vacation but this will be a great week to visit the library, museums, parks etc. for mini vacations. Treat yourself to a few meals out to avoid mealtime at home. Enjoy. DDD

T

TeDo

BRAVO!! I really hope you have the stamina to stick with it for a whole week. Get used to saying "It's not MY problem, you figure it out." Enjoy your week. Do the things DDD suggested just so you don't have to listen to it.

DammitJanet

Way To Go! I applaud you. I tried that when I was actually able to do things and my family never got the message. Now I am really on strike due to being disabled and they still dont get the message...sigh.

KTMom91

I made a sign that I held up whenever someone asked me to do something, while I sat calmly on the couch reading with earplugs in my ears...