So, I'm ok

F

flutterbee

I do think that because I have clinical depression, I am more likely than someone without a neuropsychiatric disorder to experience the mental/mood changes that are possible with certain medications. That's just been my experience.

And if it had just been depression, that's one thing. But, the scary thing about this is that I really cannot tell you why I'm still alive. I wanted to die. I have no idea what stopped me, really. The impulse was almost overwhelming.

I may try lyrica, mainly because I'll have to in order to jump through everyone's hoops. But, I'm really uncomfortable with it. It was so bad that I almost feel like if they put me on it, I should be under hospital observation for at least a week. And that's not going to happen.

susiestar

Roll With It
Honey, if hospital observation isn't an option, I WILL call you every day to check in. I promise. You don't have to go through it totally alone, even though I can't fly in to help you. but my blackberry works very very well - we could talk for hours!

Love you.

Ropefree

Banned
WinntersGrace:
So...turns out the medication I have been perscribed for pain is the generic version of what you are complaining about! Today I looked at it and there in tiny print it said
generic for...
I took the intro dose for five days and #1) my pain was worse. I think because it
just puts me to sleep like an off switch. usually I get up and move around through out the night hours because otherwise I am in SO MUCH PAIN.
Say, like now! Because sound asleep....oh so dilightfull to sleep...and I had vivide dreams...and my mood was positive.
But it gave me this raging headache. So bad. And my body pains are MUCH WORSE.
I feel like the if the spots of origin of the radiating pain were light up the brightness would be blinding.
Glade you stoopped I did too.

Heather,

I'm just so glad you knew enough to stop taking the medication!!! Please don't try the lyrica without a good support system in place. You are too important to risk another episode like the one you just had!!!

As always, I'm keeping you close in my thoughts... WFEN

F

flutterbee

So, I just read the info on rxlist.com about Lyrica.

Oh, Hell no. Have they lost their freaking minds??? "Use with caution with patients with heart conditions." Potential for abuse is similar to Valium (remember they don't want me taking vicodin for too long even though they said they knew I wasn't abusing it). Weight gain and swelling bad for heart conditions. Cocommitant use with an ACE Inhibitor increases the risk of swelling which is bad for heart and blood pressure. May cause depersonalization and psychotic depression (rare), among other things.

Umm...Hello??? Heart patient. Check. ACE Inhibitor. Check. Depersonalization on a medication. Check. Psychotic depression on a medication. Check.

No. Not doing it.

I have HAD it with doctors throwing medications at me and not even considering my heart. Doesn't matter how effective the medication is at controlling pain if I'm DEAD.

Cardiologists don't want me on NSAID's. All I have been offered until now are NSAID's. These medications say to use with caution in heart patients. We've discussed these medications, but no one has mentioned the caution with heart patients.

That's it. I'm done. I quit. I've had it. I'm going to raise all kinds of hell with my doctor on Monday. If she fires me as a patient so be it. I'm not getting anywhere anyway.