So, I'm sitting here reading the board...

F

flutterbee

...and I hear Devon's cell phone go off indicating he has a text message. My first thought was that Devon forgot his cell phone, which is odd because he never forgets it. Before that thought even finished, I realized, "Oh carp. He's home."

Let's see...he made it to school Monday and Thursday. Tuesday and Wednesday he went in around 1pm. :mad::mad::mad:

He exploded on me last week. He's been tired, sleeping a lot and having headaches. Yep, you can tell he's going to his dad's.

But, he's 17. That's no excuse. You have to face life sometime.

He already had diversion through Juvenile Court last year for missing so much school (actually late so much, but anything over 30 minutes late is 1/2 day absence). He had to do 30 hours community service and pay court costs. Seems like it really taught him, huh. :hammer:

I didn't even consider that he was home. His door is always closed and his car was gone. That's because his friend who has been here for 2 weeks drove it to school so he could get there. He's managed to make it all week.

F

flutterbee

I thought about depression, but he does this kind of stuff every time he's going to his dad's. I think it's more anxiety. He comes home my normal kid, generally. He has to vent about his dad and step-family and then he's ok.

I'm finding it odd that his dad is having him from the 19th and he comes home morning of the 24th. His dad is *always* pushing for more time and this was his idea. Devon's wondering if they have a vacation planned for after Christmas and they don't want to take him. Wouldn't be the first time.