So...is there a secret handshake or t-shirt that I can get

klmno

Just thinking- since the mom is an old friend and apparently isn't out to hang your son, if you want and can broach this subject with her, she and/or the victim can call the prosecutor and discuss charges being lowered, and she and/or the victim can go to court even if not called and express forgiveness and request a llight sentence- like community service.

mstang67chic

Going Green
We're ("victims" mom and I) aren't sure what influence she will have seeing as how difficult child is 19 and her son is 16. She did tell me that if they as for a victim statement that we don't have to worry about anything either. We're in agreement that he did a stupid thing although we're both at a loss as to why it happened. But at the same time, she would hate to see him get a felony over what basically amounts to a brain fart. Her son is fine, fortunately so that may affect it too. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

klmno

Well I would think if it can get portrayed more like "these two have known each other for years and are like family to each other and they just got into a fight" it would help- to make sure it doesn't appear that your son is bullying or might go off on another younger kid. My concern is that they might not take the initiative to ask her simply because of the age difference.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll keep your eyes and ears open. Good luck!