so it's early...but...New years Resolutions for 2011????????

nvts

Ok, I'm stealing yours and adding:

d. blow off AH - FOR GOOD
e. ignore ignorant family members
f. win the really, really, really big lottery!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I resolve to continue taking life one day at a time.
I resolve to take better care of myself.
I resolve to avoid people who suck the joy from my life.
I resolve to continue working on reducing the clutter in my life and simplifying wherever possible.

klmno

Hey, AOG!

Good one, Tourette's Syndrome!

I resolve (which in my life means "I hope to"):

1) have more job security this time next year than I do right now- or at least have just as much
2) be in the process of building credit rating back up
3) be a little more caught up with replacing typical household and personal things
4) and most importantly- handle things better than I did last time when it comes to giving difficult child the best chance for turning things around when he gets released this time while not sacraficing myself to the point I did last time, even if that means refusing to let him come back to live with me- and I honestly believe that means getting my head together then following my gut instead of what court people try to manipulate and threaten me into agreeing with
5) Along with the above, I want to get to a point where I can do things I enjoy just for myself again- like go out and meet people occasionally, water color, read a book instead of crashing every time I light, start hiking again, go on a mini-vacation at least- maybe to NYC without difficult child this time
6) Have more to sit in than a lawn chair- LOL! That one will happen within a couple of months

ETA: Would the wish that menopause is finally over count?? :groan:

I resolve to be comfortable looking my age
I will try not to worry about my looks or weight
If I want a cookie, I'll eat it and not feel guilty
I'll keep toxic people out of my life remembering my health depends on it
Commit small acts of violence by wearing bright colors if I want to

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Get my dentures
Pass the state boards
Get a good paying job
Get a bit healthier with diet and exercise. Notice I didn't say lose weight as that's not really the point. lol I would just like to feel better and I know my diet hasn't been that great nor has my umph to get off my fanny and move. lol

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
HTML:
Commit small acts of violence by wearing bright colors if I want to

LMAO, you gals are making me smile!

DammitJanet

I love the bright colors one too.

I just dont know about these New Years Resolutions anymore. I have made so many in the past and never could keep them...sigh.

Maybe I will make hopes and wishes.

Im not gonna even go there with weight or smoking...if something happens in that department, so be it.

I hope that we can get both Cory and Billy out of the house in the next few months. Probably in that order. I hope this doesnt take until summer for both to leave. I need my house back.

I hope that I can learn to organize and get my spaces under control when it is only me and Tony here.

I wish for Tony to be able to slow down in his working so he isnt so tired, sore and hurting when he gets home at night.

I hope that I can stay stable through all the upcoming upheaval in my mental health treatment team. (new therapist starting this week, will lose her as of Feb, if I need another one I have to yellow page one in March-ugh)

H

HaoZi

Renew my gym membership and put it to more use.
Eat healthier (and see to it that kiddo does, too!)
Quit smoking.
Manage my own anger better so I can help kiddo manage hers.
De-clutter again, get a Kindle and shove a large portion of these books out the door to the local bargain shop.
Be more social in RL (i.e. work on my people skills)
Push harder to get kiddo every help and support she needs to cope, adapt, learn, and make friends.
Finalize my divorce.

Last edited:
M

Mamaof5

1. Get my dental work finished (despite dentist phobia)
2. Get my health in check
3. Get my cardiac issues in check
4. Have more patience
5. (continueing this one from last year) don't let stupid people get to me with stupid doo doo

M

Mamaof5

Renew my gym membership and put it to more use.
Eat healthier (and see to it that kiddo does, too!)
Quit smoking.
Manage my own anger better so I can help kiddo manage hers.
De-clutter again, get a Kindle and shove a large portion of these books out the door to the local bargain shop.
Be more social in RL (i.e. work on my people skills)
Push harder to get kiddo every help and support she needs to cope, adapt, learn, and make friends.
Finalize my divorce.

Have you tried putting them up on paperbackswap (the book part) or selling them second hand on Amazon.com? No sense in not making a small portion back and paperbackswap you can trade books too.

H

HaoZi

Have you tried putting them up on paperbackswap (the book part) or selling them second hand on Amazon.com? No sense in not making a small portion back and paperbackswap you can trade books too.

Hadn't even thought about it. The local bargain store is owned and run in our small town with all the proceeds staying local (this one is a charity, though there is a for-profit used clothing store but they only pay for top name clothing that we don't own). This town really helped us start over after Katrina and has been so supportive of us with kiddo's issues, and I've seen what this town can do to help a lot of other people, too. It's a really community-minded place like you don't see often any more, so I thought it was a small way we could give back to the community that has given so much to us and other families that have been affected by unforeseen circumstances, like fires, accidents, major childhood diseases like cancer, etc. People come out of the woodwork for fundraisers for things like that, it's really given me a whole 'nother view of people (a much better one!).

klmno

Well I hope today is indicative of how the new year will go. I found that my new cable tv offers me a channel of 70's music which is great since I don't even have a radio in the house. I fell asleep last night before even cracking open my bottle of champagne so I decided to have a champagne breakfast, crank up this music station, and I've been doing a thorough cleaning while singing and dancing around since then! I plan to finish that, spend a bit of time with the dogs, take a long hot shower, then cook out on the grill since we have temps around 60 degrees today and the snow from last weekend has almost completely melted.

svengandhi

My resolutions are to:

Lose weight (need to lose 80 lbs or more).
Track my eating.
Increase my exercise.
Get credit card paid off at least by 50% of current balance and not incur new charges.
Increase contribution to 401 (k).
Keep my office at work neater (it's much better than my old office but I am not a neat freak and I have to really watch for clutter so the first thing I do when I get in is throw out old daily calendars and mail I don't need).
Dress better at work (I have been talked to about this, it stems from my shame over my middle-aged descent into fatness).
Wear make-up - it might distract from my not-so-stylish fat clothing and makes me feel better.
Detach from difficult child's school issues (child scored almost a perfect 1600 on the SAT but has a barely 3.0 average because he doesn't believe in HW).
Try to encourage H and boys to lose weight (ironically, difficult child has lost weight and is my only son who is not overweight).
Practice smiling, I rarely ever do it any more.
Try to stop obsessing over H's cheating. I'm not ready to divorce him and the stress is what's made me gain weight and destroyed my health.

I hope to accomplish at least some of my goals. Good luck to everyone else.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have goals - not many, some are small others more significant. Budgetary, emotional, spiritual, & physical.

I love the idea of wearing bright colors ~ it's time to throw out the black & navy just because it's "slimming". It's time to bring color into our lives. Just know that I cannot wear orange.