so it's walking pnuemonnia

Jena

so, winds up i have walking pnuemonnia. if i'm spelling that right. lol

It seems to be my "thing". I've had it 7 times before. When I get stressed and run down it seems to happen. I knew something was up, i have absolutely no energy. I laid on couch last night for 3 hours not moving much watching t.v. which i never do.

So, it's medications for me. difficult child is leaving late tmrw afternoon for dad's house (she usually leaves in the a.m.) yet boyfriend's easy child has a play tmrw afternoon we are going to. difficult child loves to watch her plays.

So, it's a mess here, laundry is piling up i just took hot bath and i figure i'll leave it like this and save energy for when difficult child gets home.;)

But i'm still going tomorrow, she got a main part so i really can't miss it.

Lothlorien

If you get pneumonia that often, you should probably be getting pneumonia vaccinations.

I've had pneumonia twice. Once you get it once, you are more prone to bronchial/lung type infections. It weakens that area of your body. You really, really need to take care of yourself. If that area is weakened too much, you can end up with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, putting you on oxygen for the rest of your life.

Jena

ok you scared me :( but thanks for telling me

Dr. told me walking is different than the reg pnuemonnia? I'd love a vaccine for this. I've been good taking my vitamins everyday, doing my meditation, taking little bit of time for me. Our temps here in new york have been off the wall. 65 today by sunday their talking flurries. that's when i get so so sick.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I told you -

NO SMOKING......

Hope you feel better.....wait did I tell YOU no smoking???? Do you smoke? If you do? Stop. If you don't? Dont' start.

Jena

Thanks both of you!!

I know, and yes I do smoke I will not lie. Yet today I just couldn't. Yet I did still manage to shove food down my face while i laid on the couch literally all day till it was time to get difficult child. :)

I'm back on couch again with difficult child, we made a homemade pizza.

klmno

Sorry Jen- I've had that 2 or 3 times before and it is miserable. I smoke, too. I hope you feel better soon. Did you get that lucky shot of penicillan(sp) in the rear?

TerryJ2

Oh, Jen, you poor thing.

I'm glad you got a diagnosis and some medications. That will help. So will sleep.

I can't do much more to scare you :) so I'll just say, enjoy the play, and then go straight back home to bed!!!

:doctor:

Jena

no shot in the butt, had that years ago it was great. I"m allergic to penicilin, cant spell. i need to quit smoking, i run out onto porch to smoke. it's also like my time out :)

terry hi, yes pls don't scare me lol!!

all iknow is it's giong to take alot of make up tmrw ugh! i went in bathroom and took one look and said oh grose! i'm letting my highlights grow out "another bright idea" of mine NOT!! so, now all the greys coming through. sooo pretty........................ :)

i made difficult child watch one of my shows tonight, she wasn't too happy about it. it was a movie actually totally kid friendly but she kept giving me dirty looks lol. movie's over we are back to suite life on deck!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I had pnuemonia twice last year, then walking. The difference is with walking you don't sense the urgency or feel horrible so you keep doing your job, etc. On the plus side, it was the best weight loss plan I've ever had - 71 lbs.:sick: I had absolutely NO appetite. And yes, I had two shots in the bootie.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
There are actually 2 different types of pneumonia - viral and bacterial. The vaccine doesn't cover the viral kind. We have been told this be a number of docs, as husband got it every year for about 4 years in a row. And 2 of those years Jess got it too.

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of handwashing!!!!! Just a tip, sing a verse of Old MacDonald Had a Farm or the ABC Song (and don't you speed up those ABC's!) while you suds your hands. You need to suds them for 20 seconds at least, and this is one of the best ways to time yourself. If you have long fingernails, cut them short and scrub UNDER them, as this is a great place for bacteria to breed! They don't need to be cut to the quick, just short enough that you can scrub all the way under them.

Run the toothbrushes through the dishwasher once a week at a minimum!! (And if my youngest comes to visit, run them through again - he is going through a phase of using EVERY toothbrush EVERY time he brushes - I thought we had seen the last of that phase a few years ago, LOL!!).

For the kids you may be able to find Squid Soap. It is liquid handsoap with an inkdot in the pump part. When you push down you get a dot of ink on your hand. You wash until the ink dot goes away and it teaches the 20 second rule. I find the nursery rhyme singing does the trick for my kids (and they make up some of the most, erm, interesting lyrics as they sing, too!).

Take care of yourself. Be gentle with your relationships, as being sick tends to put a big strain on us and our partners, AND we are less tolerant when we feel like crud.

Gentle hugs, and LOTS of chicken soup with garlic (garlic is a natural antibiotic!!).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jennifer

Take your medications as ordered. Get plenty of rest....as that's what makes it hard to whip......force yourself to eat right even with no appetite to keep your strength up. Don't go outside in cold weather without being dressed appropriately...hat, scarf, gloves, coat, shoes........Yeah, I know how easy it is to skip those items when slipping outside for a quick smoke. And no I don't skip. lol

I've had both types of pneumonia...viral and bacterial. Neither is fun. Haven't had it since and the last time was over 20 years ago. And I'm a smoker.

Do you have a bathroom exhaust fan? Can you take your smoke break in there during cold weather, then spray with air freshner when done?

With it being a constant thing with you, I'd look into the shots for it. Won't help with the bacterial.....but at least it should with the viral.

((hugs))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jennifer-Hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds miserable-I know husband had it a few years ago-yuck!

klmno

I do the smoke break outside, too. But with this, stand with the door only cracked open, stick your face in the small open area and smoke the minimal amount. Better yet, have boyfriend bring you home some nicorrete (or store brand) gum.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ugh...hope you're feeling better soon. My grandparents smoked and ALWAYS had a screened in porch. In the winter time though....they would either smoke in the basement while leaning into the fireplace or you would walk into their kitchen to find 3 or 4 people huddled around the stove blowing their smoke into the exhaust fan.

Jena

Abbey - 71 lbs. wow!!! I have absolutely no appetite and i keep trying to shove food down my throat because i love to eat lol. that isn't working out so well. I got one of those entanmann's cakes the devil's food cake. Now, normally all i'd need is a fork yet it just isn't happening today.

I shouldn't even be smoking i'm sooo grose. i like Occupational Therapist (OT) smoke though. there are certain ones that are good as bad as that sounds.

we dont' have an exhaust in bathroom. our place is old, no "new" feature. House was built in 1800's i think lol. i can't wait to move. i'm hoping once i lock down permanent job that can happen and food prices drop a little at the rest we can.

i had Occupational Therapist (OT) go out today, the play thing. yet tmrw's supposed to be laundry day, costco, etc. i really just need to rest. ugh.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Like I said, walking pnuemonia is tricky. You feel somewhat ok, but it's in the background lurking. Rest, rest again, then more rest. I know that is tough when you think you need to go to Costo, but that can wait. Let someone else pick up the slack.

Abbey