So Many Different Emotions

Jeppy

My difficult child is away from home for a month or two. Is it weird that I feel so many different emotions all in the same day or sometimes the same hour? Sadness, relief, worry, exhaustion, fear, hope, anger, numbness, edginess.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What you're feeling is very normal ~ for any parent not just the parent of a difficult child.

Use this time now to rebuild your strength, regroup & reconnect with friends & try to carve out some kind of life for yourself. It's very important to have a life outside of GFGdom.

Let the feelings flow ~ have a good cry, throw a party for no reason at all, meet friends for dinner, whatever. Now is the time to learn how to have a life with & without your difficult child.

klmno

Perfectly normal, especially for the parent of a difficult child who might not have left home expectedly or under the best of circumstances. It took me several months on an emotional roller coaster before I could even start to think straight. Just ask the ladies here. LOL!

DDD

been there done that, it is normal and will get better. It takes some longer than other but you will regain a feeling of peace at home. Many heartfelt hugs are coming your way. DDD