So much for creating a safe space for myself

TerryJ2

difficult child is at camp, the house is quiet, I can leave all the doors unlocked, eat whatever I want, and my only chore today was to take myself to the dermatologist's office to get a more detailed opinion on my shingles.
So, I got hit in the parking lot.

I was so mad! The woman was backing out of a handicap space, talking on her cell ph and didn't even see me.
I was not nice. I didn't yell, but I said, "Do you think that if you hadn't been on your phone, you might have seen me?"

She apologized and said she hadn't seen me at all.
Apparently, she hadn't heard me, either, because I laid on the horn.
I couldn't back up fast enough. My hands were shaking and I have a tiny shift on the dash. (Note to car manufacturers: make shift easier to access when driver is in a panic or in a rush.)

I called her later, and she didn't answer her ph, and her vox mail isn't set up.
So I did Mapquest, found her place, and dropped off a quick letter, saying that I'd called my ins. company and they said it was up to her to do all the legwork.

The only good news is that the dr and nurse did not take my blood pressure in the office.

(The bad news is that I have another antiviral medication scrip, because I have new blisters. :( )

I'm on my second glass of white wine, and making oatmeal raisin cookies. :kickme:

cubsgirl

Sorry about the accident. Must be something in the air - I got hit two days ago in our parking lot by a car going the wrong way down the one-way parking lot lane. The other driver had insurance that my insurance. Hope you can get a break!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well had I been you Terry? I would have whipped off my shirt.......exposed my shingles and said - BOY ..WOW - GOD ALMIGHTY ......THIS IS GOING TO COST YOU ......DO YOU SEE ?? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOUR IDIOTIC, PHONE TALKING has done to me????? LOOK (and pointed out my blisters) then stood there irate, fuming, and paced back and forth pulling on the ends of my hair (basically acting psychotic) while mumbling to myself and fumbling with my cell phone and saying things like (OMG.....OH OH my neck, NO NO MY BACK, I've got my chiropractor on speed dial - HELP.....HELP me _ then rolled around on the parkinglot ground while grasping my phone in a death grip screaming into my phone for my chrio to come and adjust me 911) -

So yeah - I think cookies and white wine, with the white whine were nominal for the woman compared to my antics......she got off EASY PEASY........but I'll tell you one thing? She wouldn't have had that phone to call me back on.....I would have drop kicked that sucker across the parking lot or used it like a hockey puck and then told her SHUT UP AND DRIVE.

I'm thinking you're REALLY ReALLY nice......really really. :samvetesmiley: (terry.........star) nuf sed

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I want done cookies too please ;). I am sorry you got hit and people on cellphones while driving makes me crazy. I love star's idea of where the phone should have gone.

TerryJ2

Star, I couldn't think that fast, rofl!

So far, no phone call from her, and she still doesn't answer her phone when I call her.

Tomorrow is another day.

DammitJanet

Did you call the police to get a report made? I hope so because without one you are basically screwed. Were there any witnesses? Hope you got their names too. Too many people dont want to stop and get involved these days...shaking my head at that one. I always stop. I even turned all the way around one time and came back to sit in a parking lot so I could wait for the cops to come so I could be the only witness...lol. Insurance company told me I made the difference in the case!

If I were you, I would go back to where you had that accident and take pictures of where the accident happened and film it from all angles and then go home and pull it up on Google Earth and blow that picture up at least to 11x 17 size. cut out cars to put where the cars where and show where the accident happened.

I actually won a case doing all this but it was before Google Earth and I used a poster board and drew the street in detail.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So I did Mapquest, found her place, and dropped off a quick letter, saying that I'd called my ins. company and they said it was up to her to do all the legwork.
:kickme:

Up to her to do the legwork??? What does that mean???

Most likely if it is up to her - she'll just let it go. Why does she want to do any legwork for YOUR insurance company?

What kind of damages do you have? And if this woman doesn't do any "legwork" - what happens?

Lothlorien

I'm thinking the same thing Janet said. I hope you can get it settled. I would have called the police. If you can't get a hold of her, you may be able to go to the police department and issue her a ticket yourself. I know this is practice in NJ (or was).

I hope the new medications help.

TerryJ2

I'm going to call or stop by her ins. company today. Not a word. :(
I got the license plate. And I've got her address.