So Much For Good Intentions

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Bunny, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

easy child had a sleep over party last night, so husband and I decided that we would take difficult child bowling this morning before picking up easy child. All roads to the bowling alley were blocked off because of a road race of some kind. We went around three different ways and we cold not get through. difficult child said, "Let's jut go home."

While he was clearly disappointed, he was calm. He kept saying "Thanks for trying. I appreciate it." He came home and he asked husband if he could play this baseball game that husband has, so right now he has that spread out on the dining room table trying to figure out how to play it.

At least we tried.

2. buddy

buddy New Member

Wow, he handled that well! And to think of an alternative instead of moping......you are making progress!

3. TeDo

TeDo CD Hall of Fame

Buddy's right, that is HUGE progress. Enjoy the moment and enjoy the day (fingers crossed it continues).

4. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

I was pretty pleased with how he handled it. He even said, "I know you tried, Mom. It's not your fault." That's a big thing for him, too. Usually everything is my fault, whether it is or not.

5. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

WOW!!! What great progress Bunny. That is huge that he understood, and came up with an alternate plan on his own.

6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Excellent progress!

7. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame

Very proud, excellent progress! Did you make plans to try again another time?

8. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

Yes. We told him that we would try to go again next Sunday.

9. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Good Job, MOM.

10. Liahona

Liahona Guest

That is wonderful.