So sad for easy child right now ans there is nothing I can do to help.

StressedM0mma

Her Boyfriend of three years just broke up with her today. They were each others best friends, and she is so sad. Actually, I am so sad. He pretty much lived at my house. He ate dinner here at least 4 days a week. I feel like there should be something I should be able to do for her, but there isn't. I hate broken hearts. They suck. This is one of the first times I haven't been able to "fix it" for her. And it breaks my heart. That and the fact that she is more comfortable talking to her friends about it.

Time to go wipe my face and blow my nose, and tell her that the pieces of her heart will mend. I just wish a band-aid would fix this.

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I'm so sorry!
That's a long time.
I'm afraid that may happen with-my easy child, too ... in the meantime, I'm just enjoying every day, because I really like this guy.
All you can do is be there for her, and let her know you understand. Don't force her to go out and do anything "fun" until she's ready, and that will take a few days.
If she gets too into herself, you may have to drag her on some errands, just to get her to see sunlight.
Many hugs.

StressedM0mma

Thanks Terry. I really like this guy too. He was a part of the family. She is headed to Cedar Point tomorrow with her friends. I asked her if she was still going, and she said "yeah I 'm not wasting my $40." So, I think it will be good for her to be gone tomorrow. And, he isn't going. So that is good.

That is the worst part of this. They are best friends with a group of people. It is going to be like a divorce to see which friends they end up with.

TerryJ2

Ew. That's so hard.
I'm very glad, and somewhat surprised, that she's still going. Yeah, wasting $40 ... she's thinking on her feet!
I hope that she can trust her friends to listen to her vent and not repeat any of it, since they were a group.

InsaneCdn

It is going to be like a divorce to see which friends they end up with.
No it won't.
It will take TIME, though.
After a while, they will be able to both be just "part of the group", and then they will move on to other significant others...
I've known lots of cases where friendly ex-boyfriend/girlfriend are invited to the wedding... one case where an ex-boyfriend was IN the wedding party (he was BFF with the groom, but had dated the bride before the groom had... and his wife was a friend of the bride and was included in the bridal party... )

BusynMember

I can relate. My daughter broke up with her boyfriend recently. She was very affected by it and so was I...lol. She told me she never wants a boyfriend again because the breakup hurts too much.

StressedM0mma

Terry, she has wanted to go to Cedar Point all summer. She is a roller coaster junkie. So, she is happy to be going. Her bff is going, so that will help. She is sad, but said she saw it coming. I just reminded her that she is beautiful, and there will be tons of new boys to meet when she leaves for college in a couple of weeks. She has been constantly turning boys down for dates, so now she can take them up on the offer when she is ready.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hugs for easy child. Just being there is helpful. I hope she enjoys Cedar Point (I'm also a coaster junkie and love Cedar Point).

chloedancer

This must be the week. Oldest easy child broke up with her boyfriend of two years and she is heartbroken. ( he created the situation, she said the words kind of deal ) I miss him being around, and hate it for her. :(

B

Bunny

I'm sorry for your easy child. I hope that she has a good time out with her friends.

StressedM0mma

easy child made boyfriend remove the "in a relationship" status on Facebook. Social Media is crazy. As soon as it came up on her status she removed it, but man! Her FB and phone lit up like a Christmas Tree. It was crazy. And, it didn't take long for the boys to start calling/texting!! It cracked me up. She had only been single for like 2 hours, and they are already trolling.

And, CD, I am going to miss having him around too. He was like a son to me. Oh well. She can chalk it up to a great learning experience.