So Star...

Star*

call 911........call 911
doctor LOVES his card and his pets......Thanks 'Stang.

Lets see - we've gone from about 23 lbs to 33 lbs in 3 weeks.

He's getting (whispers) neutered Thursday, and getting the rest of his shots and microchipped.

He no longer LIVES in his covered crate - he's out and about and sleeps on the floor on a blanket someone donated.

HE WAGS WHEN I COME HOME - it took him 3 weeks to wag.

He's learning English at a remarkable rate.

He's learning to love DF because HE has junk food (cheetos are fun)

He gets it - not so skiddish at free feeding -

He's actually run with the pack -

He growled at Casper and got his butt put in line. Casper will not bite - at his size you merely have to "give them the eye".

He's walking on leash very well.

He ran away - and I chased him for 2 days - 9 hours total. He will never go for a walk outside the yard AGAIN - EVER NEVER. UGH.

He smiles. Not with teeth - just with his eyes.

He's potty trained. My carpet is gone. Okay it was gone BEFORE he got here....but I have an entire factory roll of Berber that will be put in when he's adopted.

AND>.......................(((((((((((((((DRUM ROLL))))))))))))))))))) cause this is HUGE!

HE CAME IN THE DOG DOOR TONIGHT ALL BY HIMSELF........

YEAH DR. KIMBALL - WHOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOT.

Belive me it seems trivial - but we've tried to coax him up the ramp and in the hole -and NOPPPEEEEEEEEEE. Even Pootie (God I love her heart) would go out, and up the ramp and in.......and I'd say "SHOW HIM AGAIN POOTIE." and out she'd go - and IN she'd come. Then doctor would stand there, whine, shiver and one of us woudl go out with the leash and nylon choker and walk him around and in the door. UGH - TOnight - he DID IT!!

He's really a smart guy - no one ever told him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
He's getting neutered today - I'm not taking his picture. :ashamed:

OMG - HUGE NEWS EVERYONE -

When we took doctor in - he weighed 28 lbs. TODAY his still thin frame was put (or rather drug like a sac of potatos) on the scale and he is a WHOPPING ((((((((((((((BISQUIT ROLL PLEASE)))))))))))))

44 lbs.
16 lbs in a little over a month!​

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You are GOOD! He sounds like a sweetie.

(Now, I have a geriatric, anorexic horse that could use some help....???)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Check horses teeth - 1st.
Get Sams membership and buy a case of Metamucil
Mix some sweet feet with a little hot water - and add metamucil

hay with some Alfalfa -

Tell him he's a SEXY PONY - whisper it.....

;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
How did doctor do today Star? Is he home yet or is he staying overnight? I remember when we had Taz neutered....poor guy. He came home, went out back, did one sloooooooooooow lap around the yard (and peed....gingerly) then came in the house, sprawled out on the floor on his back with legs splayed out and just let things....breathe.

And I can't help it....everytime I hear of a male dog getting fixed, I see that joke in my head. The one about letters to God from our pets. Ever seen it? There's one part that says, "And God? When I get to Heaven, can I have my testicles back please?" Makes me snort every time.

Sexy pony??????? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steely

Ohhh........so glad doctor has gained so much weight:D
Makes me smile.

My third pup is going tomorrow to be neutered. Poor pooh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I maintain - SEXY PONY -

If you say -NASTY NAG - it just doesn't perk their ears up - but on a few mares it will make them kick up their hooves.

So, why not - SEXY Pony - I bet all the girl horses think you're quite a handsome stud.

Steely - best of luck with poor pooh!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh! I'm so thrilled doctor is doing so well!! Wow. He's made tons of progress!!! And Pootie, bless her kind heart........I think she's really gonna miss him when he finds his forever home.

Wow!!! 44lbs!!! Awesome! I bet he's getting to be quite the handsome man. :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

Actually no -

He's still a skinny mess. Despite putting on weight? You can still count his roached backbone vertebrae and see his ribs. This could be in part to him testing as a high positive for heartworms, but he can't start treatment on heartworms until he's gotten some more meat on his bones and is a little more stable. Heartworm treatment is a very painful injection - followed by a month of rest, then a 1/2 shot followed by 1/2 shot the following day - followed by complete bedrest for a month. He'll get to sleep when they inject the first shot, and be sent home with pain pills - but still - UGH.

I do have a head shot - but forgot how to post pictures with that bucket list thing. Out of respect for him I won't post his first pictures.

We are starting to see some signs of him warming up and learning some basic commands. It took him nearly a month to allow himself even the smallest wag, but now Mr. Wags (as he's affectionately called at 5:30 upon my arrival home) enjoys being called MR. Wags, and enjoys standing with the rest of our pack and howling, barking, and carrying on a bit when Mommy is home (Mommy actually likes it too) lol.

He's doing pretty well in obedience - we have to work on COME....and I have to work on thinking nice and calm when he runs away and WONT. lol

But thanks for asking about him -

I had 2 puppies thrown in my yard too - and they got GREAT homes and are just fa, little, round, rolly-polly, spoiled girls who think life isn't RRRrruf anymore.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
(she's a girl pony), but I'll tell her she's a sexy pony, anyway!

And seriously, metamucil? I never thought of it! Tried beet pulp and oat bran and fiber one and every other fibrous food I can think of to no avail. Never thought of metamucil. I was actually kinda joking, but thanks! I'll try it.

She's the antique horse who has to have regular dentals with the dog, so her teeth (or what's left of them) are good (except for the bottom ones in front, which now pretty much just strick out straight, due to her age...but hey...what she's got is as good as its gonna get for her).

Alfalfa is covered. She's also allowed to eat the hayfield all by herself all year long. She's THAT special. (or skinny, however you want to look at it) And she eats antique horse food that's pre-chewed, so not much more to do there, either. But I'll check into the metamucil. I'm actually excited. Do you know how many vets I've dragged her to about this??? Too funny.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I had 2 puppies thrown in my yard too

Sure doesn't take long for a neighborhood to figure out who takes in the strays, does it?? We got two new kitties coming to the porch. I'm beginning to wonder if people are dropping them here........

Maybe, just maybe when it warms up we can make nice with them enough to find them some good homes, along with the rest of the "pride". Lord I hate to think about the litters that will be showing up in the spring.

There is a lady down the alley also taking them in.........which tells you the volume we've had "arrive" over the winter months. And I know another lady around the block does too. She doesn't take them inside, but makes sure there is shelter available and has food out.

I've called the dog warden yet again on the pitt bulls down the alley. I know it won't do any good. But my conscience won't let me keep passing them, seeing their pathetic "shelter", scrawny, never get any people attention, filthy......and half starved. One is the dog that got into it with Rowdy, the other is a new puppy (half grown now) they got at the beginning of winter. Now why on earth would you get another one when you don't do a thing for the first one??? grrrrrr

I'm sorry poor doctor has to go thru so much agony to be treated for the heartworms. :( Does sound like he's progressing nicely. And doing well personality wise despite the way he had been treated.

mstang67chic

Going Green
People know and so do the animals. We started out feeding two cats in the neighboorhood. Actually the duties were split between us, one of the neighbors for sure and possibly others. Of the two cats, one is very friendly and will let you pet it for as long as you want. The other one was pretty skittish but is much better now. She's also a mommy although her kittens are almost full grown. Now we feed five. The kittens won't let you pet them although I've gotten one used to me enough that he will let me as long as he's eating. (He's not stupid! LOL....feed me then you can pet me) I don't dare bring them in but I have a sheltered and blanketed area for them on the covered back patio that I do believe they have taken advantage of.

And as a matter of fact, before I sat down at the computer, instead of just giving them their usual evening (big) scoop of dry food, I made them a treat. We had roast in the crock pot last night so I used the leftover broth and some warm water to mix in with the dry as well as leftover chunks of the roast.

Hmmm....make that SIX cats. I just peeked out and discovered a new one. *siiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Oh and did I mention that if I'm not out there right away in the morning, they are pawing at my front door?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Stang, I think you've been adopted. LOL

A few of ours will scratch at the door. I think Wille taught them, darn it. Sometimes I think he brings his girlfriends home.

Whenever I bake a while chicken.....I set the carcass outside for them with plenty of leftover meat on it. I figure I'll save them the trouble of trying to drag it out of the trash can and give them a nice treat. I even cook up the innards for them. (am I a sucker or what?) lol

Oh, well. They do keep the mouse and snake population down.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Whenever I bake a while chicken.....I set the carcass outside for them with plenty of leftover meat on it. I figure I'll save them the trouble of trying to drag it out of the trash can and give them a nice treat. I even cook up the innards for them. (am I a sucker or what?) lol

Well, if nothing else, at least I know I'm not alone in my feline servitude!