So tempted to quit my job

JJJ

I'm so sick of my boss telling me to be nicer to people. I am very nice. Other people tell me that I am very nice. What my boss means is he wants me to stop advocating for girls who are discriminated against by our state association. I have been fighting for the girls since the late 1980s. It is one of the reasons I got my job. Now he wants me to stop because someone wants me quiet so that there isn't a spotlight shown on their continued second-class citizenship for little girls. So, so tempted to just quit.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If you leave, who's going to advocate for the girls? Can you do it privately? Can you live with yourself if you stop advocating and keep your job? Do you need the income?

So many questions.

Hugs,
Suz

Steely

I agree with Suz, who will advocate for the little girls?

On the other hand, I am tempted to quit every single day lately. I totally understand. I hate my job. Sometimes it is just time to move on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is a true story - (forget the salt Fran)

I worked with a girl that was mixed. She like the rest of us were pro-girl. Race doesn't seem to matter to people but it mattered to this man we worked for.

One halloween we all dressed up. Of course you could tell who everyone was. I was Cleopatra, and she dressed up like Aunt Gemima, blacked her face and hands with paint, got a laundry basket in tow and about 2 blankets rolled up under her dress on her rear. Her husband had a laundry basket on his head with laundry in the basket (he said he was a basket case). She came as a Negro wash woman. IT was the BEST I have ever seen anyone put in their place. Our boss stood up and said "Ma'am this party was by invitation only." (imagine the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. And she started in on him about race, and why wasn't she invited and just reamed him up one side and down the other.

She grabbed a soda out of the ice bucket and began to mingle - he was really upset. Considered calling the police. It was hysterical. The best part was that NO ONE (save her husband) KNEW it was her. We all were just having a good time and thought - well if you're here - you're here. Whomever you are - you're very funny.

About an hour later - there was an award for the best contestant - and we all voted for her. Some of us figured out who she was - but most didn't and when she won - and started her speech? She took off her wig and bandana and our boss nearly - and literally fell over from shock.

She handed him her 2 weeks notice right after he handed her the trophy for best costume. She had been his secretary and had to endure all his racial slurs that the rest of us were not privy to. AT that time most of us were involved in some kid - oriented activity for all kids.

Makes you wonder huh?