So the doorbell rang

F

flutterbee

around 3:00PM. I was napping. Jewel's barking is what woke me up.

So, I stumble out of bed and grab my glasses. Wearing my jammies and my hair all a mess, I answer the door.

There are two men standing there (actually they were starting to walk away). One looked to be mid to late twenties, the other about easy child's age.

So, I'm holding onto Jewel so she doesn't bolt out the door (she's an Alarm dog, not a Guard dog - she has a big dog bark and it makes people nervous - even though she's a little dog and wouldn't hurt a flea - but, I digress).

So, I'm holding onto Jewel and I open the door and the older guy says to me....

Are you ready?

"Is your mom home?"

*blink*

That's what I did. I stood there for a few seconds and just blinked before I could find any words to tell them that I *am* the mom.

:rofl:

Wonder what they were smoking!!!

But, it was a nice compliment. :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ah, Heather...take it and enjoy!!

I know when I get carded for cigarettes I always have a good laugh. I always look them straight in the eye, laugh, and say, "Are you kidding me? LOOK at me!!":tongue:

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, how many magazines did you buy? Or was it a donation to a church? You are such a youngster anyway!

nvts

No fair! I got "Good afternoon Ma'am" the other day. The week before I was "Miss"...damnit!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
So you suppose if I wear jammies and have bed-head I can get a "Is your Mom home too?"

I LOVE IT - you go chicky

F

flutterbee

They were looking for work and offered to clean out my gutters - which really needed it and I don't have a ladder - for $45.

Abbey, you'll love this. After they were done and I asked them if they would come back this fall, the younger one was hiccuping. I offered him some water, but he said he'd been doing it all day. So, I sat him down and walked him through my hiccup cure. I swear they thought I was nuts - looking at me all funny - crazy lady with messy hair and in her jammies - but he stopped hiccuping.

Hmmm....or maybe he was just afraid of me and that's what did the trick. :rofl:

F

flutterbee

:916blusher:

I doubt it.

I was chatting with Wynter's guitar teacher after her lesson tonight. You know...the cute one. We chatted for a good ten minutes.

Then I get home and look in the mirror and wanted to crawl under a rock. OMG. I look so bad. On top of the fact that I'm FAT, my hair was limp, I have a big zit on my nose, my internal thermostat is obviously broken and I've been sweating all day (and was standing there chatting with him while fanning myself with a hand fan - sure THAT went over well - at least I did a mini sponge bath and reapplied deodorant before going) and I had gunk in the corner of my eye.

Oh, yeah, baby. Bet you want some of this. Uh-huh. :sick:

:916blusher:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Are you kidding Heather?? Bed head and PJs are the rage!!!!

:D :D :D Enjoy it. It doesn't last forever.

I haven't heard that line in a looooong time. And how come no one knocks on my doors offering to do the gutters??:hairy:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am claiming you're a MILF also. You are know officially the CD MILF. You know what is funny, is whenever I feel really gross is usually when I get a complement!
Young Lady!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Bed head, corner eye crust and a zit. Yeah. Are you living next door to me?

Sorry, dear. Just messing with you. I look like that 99% of the time.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Let's get it right people. :tongue: No bed head today. Just limp hair.

I took a shower and put mousse in my hair then left with my hair wet to go to my doctor appointment. Once I got in the parking lot, I put one of those headband thingies in (you know, the ones that go all the way around your head) while I was in the car. I didn't care how it looked; I just wanted it out of my face.

Totally forgot I was going to see the guitar instructor tonight. :bag: (That's what I should have worn.) Usually easy child takes her, but he had to work.

But, yeah. I may not look my age (or I like to think I don't, anyway...don't we all), but I certainly don't look young enough for someone to be asking for my MOM!!!

And Abbey...I wouldn't be eating anything that had fallen into a firepit and been wiped off on someone's pants. Does that make me a snob? :lipstick: