So the requip was a no go....

F

flutterbee

First few days went well other than waking up at least a dozen times a night. Which is kinda what the medication is supposed to be stopping - that and the restless leg.

Then I noticed that I was having the sensations in my legs - mostly my knees - earlier in the day. Sometimes before lunch. I don't want to call it restless leg because I'm not sure that's what it is. Honestly, I started doing this....thing...when I was having the allergic reaction to Plavix that went on forever.

Anyway, then I woke up one morning with killer acne. Literally overnight. I've had issues with acne since my mid-twenties, but not like this. I looked it up and of course it's one of those 'infrequent' reactions. Well, that explains why I got it. :hammer:

Then, my legs actually got worse AFTER I took it. I took it like I was supposed to - about 2 hours before bed - got in bed and couldn't stand it. I got up and had to pace for almost 2 hours. I wanted to come out of my skin.

That was, I don't know, Saturday or Sunday night. And that was the last night I took it.

So far, I'm getting by with a hot shower or bath in the evening and a melatonin and I actually slept! :woohoo:

It's trying to kick in now - this thing, but hopefully, it won't be too bad.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry it didn't work. And about the acne. Somehow, I thought acne was supposed to end when you were out of your teens. It still hasn't. (They lied!!!!!)

Glad the melatonin helps. I also like a supplement called Calm Tabs put out by Vitamin World. Very gentle, herbal.

Hugs,

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I'm sorry the medication didn't work and you wound up having a reaction to it. That stinks.

I am glad the hot bath and melitonin seemed to help. Hope it keeps it up.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Heather...have you tried the bar of ivory soap under your bottom sheet for your restless legs? I know I know...sounds like a stupid internet hoax but it actually seemed to help me from getting kicked to death from Tony.