So, there was a party at my house....

Albatross

Ugh, sorry that happened to you Apple Cori. Happened to us too.

When we got home after a week away there was a ladder leaning against the roof and the hot tub cover was demolished, evidently due to cannonballs from the roof into the hot tub. The fan and lamp were burned out on husband's new TV, probably because 2 computers and a 2nd TV were hooked into it to create a gaming super-station.

Those are the kinds of things, I think, that go from "normal" sneak party into Difficult Child territory.

The destruction would have been even worse except daughter happened to stop by and spent an entire day cleaning up before we got back. The very worst of it was when she relayed to me that she had to clean poo out of the dog crates (they NEVER poo in their crates if they can possibly help it.) THAT one was pretty much unforgivable :mad:

Difficult Child's response was, "I meant to clean up before you got home, but girlfriend was so drunk I had to stay up 'til like 4 a.m. getting her to drink water."

???

Difficult Child had promised no parties. After the fact I saw on his FB page that he planned and announced it before we even left.

That was one of the times we told him to move out.

Copabanana

The very worst of it was when she relayed to me that she had to clean poo out of the dog crates (they NEVER poo in their crates if they can possibly help it.)
When at first I read this I thought the guests had climbed into the crates drunk and I said EEEWWWW.

I was so relieved (pun intended) it was the dogs, but so sorry for them. As I know how hard it must have been for them, wanting to do the right thing....you know.

It sounds like they were the adults in the room.

Sorry, Albatross

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Wow, so sorry you had to come home to this. Total lack of respect for you and your home.

It's also the violation of having people in your home that you do not know going through things.

My son never had a big party at our house but one day while husband and I were at work he and one of his friends ditched school and the two of them got drunk at our house. His friend had one of those blow dart guns and they proceeded to use my walls as target practice, there were hundreds of little holes in my walls. They also tore out part of the ceiling in our basement. My son claims they were looking for money????
452cfe460eef8ff05b2482128b01f535.jpg

in a daze

Yes,brings back memories. There was a party at our house while we were away. Found these strange black marks on the sheets on our bed. Yucky....threw them out. Difficult Child attempted to clean up the damage by washing the hardwood floors with Scrubbing Bubbles! Ugh, what a mess!

Things came to a head a few weeks later and he ended up in detox and rehab.

nlj

It's happened to us all.

I remember 2005, coming home to a sort-of okay house and then finding loads of photos of a mad party with loads of people lying around all over my house posted on Facebook (or maybe it was some other social media site) a few days later.

I also remember 1978. My parents went away for a weekend. I had a load of friends over, couples having sex in my parents' bed, music blasting until the early hours, so many empty drink bottles they wouldn't all fit in the dustbin and I carried bin bags full of them on the back of my friend's motorbike driving around until we found an empty refuse bin to offload them, then zoomed back to clear up the mess before they got back.

This advert raised a lot of 'been there, done that' laughs back in 1991 in the UK:

TerryJ2

Ack! And then he's not in contact? Definitely cowardly.
I am so sorry.
My siblings did that a few times, but they went to bed upstairs afterward. They must have thought they actually cleaned up all the evidence before they passed out, lol.

Lil

Ugh...this makes me shudder. I'd always looked forward to the days when we could go somewhere and leave him. I'd thought of him being able to take care of the dogs and cat and house and we could go camp or something that he didn't like doing. Those days never came.

I keep thinking we may have done it once...for one night only...but I can't remember when and I'm sure we didn't leave our dogs.

You should be able to do that without fear for your possessions or pets. :(

pasajes4

My very level headed daughter let slip that I would be away one night. Her best friend, since wee tykes, took it upon herself to invite another friend, and they invited another, and so on. My daughter wound up calling the cops and me. She was 19. She was shaking when I got home. It happens.