So tired of being hit and objects flying at me

Josie

Seeing Busywend's post reminded me that I am a much calmer person on the girlfriend/CF diet. I used to be anxious and irritable. Part of it was having a difficult child in the house but a lot of it was just me. Now even when my daughter cheats on her diet, I am much better at coping with her. If I have even a trace of gluten, it makes me very moody and depressed. I'm not sure if I was always that bad and just used to it or if it is even worse now, but the diet has definitely helped me stay calm.

Marguerite

Thanks for mentioning gluten - I had forgotten that in my list. The basic Diet I describe does also exclude gluten. I should also have mentioned - the Elimination Diet also allows plain white rice. It really is very drastic, though, and you need to keep a diary so you can record any changes (or lack of changes) in behaviour or anything else.

Trying to get a very young child to comply isn't always easy. If he's already raging and frustrated, this could make it worse. Ironically, if he's Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) he may also have sufficient Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) issues to be able to happily adapt to the sameness of this diet and NOT give you trouble! It was difficult child 3's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) that actually made the process easier for us, because he insisted on reading all the labels to make sure we weren't buying anything he shouldn't have.

It's an ill wind...

Marg

TerryJ2

My son is very negative and argumentative, too. Very oppositional. He's even caught himself yelling "NO!" to something he really wants, and we'll make a joke out of it.

What does that make him? A rich lawyer when he grows up. (Sorry for all the lawyers on the bb.)

What else does that make him? Sigh. Could be so many things. Again, you've gotten some good advice here, especially with-diet, and working on new/additional diagnosis's.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dara,

I would remove anything that is at his level to throw, and keep it up away from him until you figure out what is causing the rages.

At 3 I'm more inclined to believe it's allergies. Talk with your doctor. about having him tested and what the criteria is. When I was younger age 5 I had to be tested. Out of 400 allergens I tested positive to 386. I took shots every day, my clothes and bed sheets, blankets were washed in dreft. The carpet had to be removed from our home and I had 1 stuffed animal - my room was washed down in a light bleach solution every other day.

The first time my Mother saw me smoke a cigarette I thought they were going to have to surgically remove her leg from my butt.

I don't smoke anymore - but I do still have allergies. Foods too.

Just a thought.
Star