so tired of this......

ready2run

also, i went in his room and took about 3/4 of his toys out and banned him from tv and playing with his brothers for the night.

InsaneCdn

today husband walked difficult child to school for me, this is usually my job but...
OK. This is just MY take on the situation, but...
We're dealing with a class-1 difficult child here, right?
That means, MAJOR problems with transitions.
And... not having YOU walk him to school, basically set him up for a major blowup.

Maybe?

If so... then I think you're taking the wrong approach.

Things are better here now, but there were several years where... things like sleep and baths and social interaction were pretty much "catch what one can". Lucky to get a bath every 2-3 days, ran on 4-5 hours of sleep a DAY (not all of that at night)... Because we HAD to maintain a rock-solid consistency for difficult child. The rest of the world HAD to revolve around his schedule. (not his wants and ideas... his schedule.) It doesn't solve ALL of the problems. But it does help.

T

TeDo

Yes, R2R, I have had to call the police on my son. Twice. It was awful but I couln't handle him and it DID create a paper trail. This last time, the *bleepin* officer insisted difficult child 1 be taken to juvie (he was paranoid and was carrying a knife to protect himself). I insisted that he go to an inpatient psychiatric unit (I KNEW it was another bad reaction to a medication) to get off the medication. ER doctor agreed. Now that we are off the medication, things are back to normal but it is also documented with law enforcement that the doctor agreed it "might" be a medication. That might be a good way to get your difficult child more appropriate help. JMHO I also know what it's like to wait for the phone call that you KNOW is coming and having your life revolve around that.

buddy

I called 911 but I did not ask for the police, I asked for an ambulance and said that my son was being aggressive due to a medical condition so we might need police to help get him into the ambulance. (thank heaven our prn medication kicked in and he walked into the ambulance nicely, he asked me later why they had to have locked seat belts, snicker).... He was so scared, and that was the first hospital stay when he told me that it would take him FIVE days to get over it...lol, he actually did start talking to me on day 6.

How I felt inside, just totally sick. I did not want it to go there ever. But it would have been on my head if he or someone else got hurt. I was just so sick. When I hear scary stories of what happens to our kids in the legal system, I do get scared. But for some, what else can we do. I am thinking for your difficult child, it will help for that moment, but in the end it will not fix anything. Like you said, may just get the paper trail started.