So, we had a meeting....

Lothlorien

Meeting with Missy's behavior assistant. husband and I thought she was "different." She's here for Missy and to work with us, so we are willing to give this a chance and to be open minded, but wow, that was an interesting experience.

I'm wondering how many weeks into this should I give it, if husband and I are thinking she's not a good fit for us.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am wondering the same thing, Loth. Wee's new "person" starts tomorrow. I don't have much patience, quite honestly. The district has abused my patience, and if I don't see some real positive things fairly fast, I'll be moving on.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hopefully, different and/or strange translates into an approach that will work for difficult child. Creative minds are different that's for sure.

Jena

strange, hmmm Your Mom indicator will know sure enough as it always does when to end it and if your gut's screaming at you. your a good judge of character! i wish you well with it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've had lots of PCAs in my home over the years ~ some work, others don't. I always have kt (& wm when he was here) interview the person interviewing to work with her.

I also started out with worse case scenario & pushed many of the great things about kt. I have to tell you, Loth, it's always hit or miss. I recently fired a PCA because she came in her at the grand age of 28 to tell me how to "parent" my child. I have an Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker that has worked with kt for over 3 years now & she's become family ~ kt's "cousin" to the community.

Keeping fingers crossed this behavior assistant works for/with Missy & you & husband.

DammitJanet

I hope she works out well. Sometimes strange can be a good thing if hey click together. Sometimes strange is well...strange.

Cory has had both. One fell in love with Cory's 4th grade teacher even though the man was clearly gay and all she wanted to do was be with this man and pushed Cory to the side so much that she found a way to go on the class trip to Disney and leave Cory behind at school...lol. That was strange! Cory had one that dressed like a rapper but Cory adored him.