So what is everyone having for Super Bowl Sunday?

DammitJanet

We tend to go all out and then have tons of leftovers. Diet be damned!!!

This year we are having:

BBQ Chicken Wings
Fried Mushrooms
Cheddar Poppers
Pigs in a blanket
Mini bread bowls from Sam's made by Stouffers
Mini Quiche's from Sam's
Bacon wrapped scallops (grilled)
Bacon wrapped venison (grilled)
Potato Salad

Lordy...you can believe we will be eating on this for days considering that we only have the 4 adults here and Keyana. I have got to get some rubbermaid bowls...lol.

Debdeb1031

Usually...bob and i have my family over for super bowl, however since my father just purchased a big plasma tv with his bonus, my one brother cannot watch the giants unless it is on the big tv, so we are bringing over the food(although my mom keeps telling me no)....

Anyways, i am making trays of sausage and peppers(think san gennaro(sp) feast like), barbeque ribs, buffalo chicken wings,stuffed cabbage, pigs in the planket,cold cuts with the trimmings,macaroni salad, and any other kinda snacky cakes i find of which the sale price will make the final answer, chips n dip, fruit salad(so that the testosterone doesn't get out of control), and CHOCOLATE!!!!!

There's only 10 of us, but with the men in my family..lol...its like cooking for double that...

and don't forget the beer and wine coolers!!!!!! :)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
That sounds tasty Janet cept for the bacon wrapped Venison - ewwww

We are going over to a friends house who is having bbq ribs from our fav rib place - We were told just to bring ourselves, but I may make some shrimp dip or desert to take over. I am so not into football (big yawn for me) but SO is excited about watching the game on a big screen TV for once.

Marcie

witzend

We're not doing anything, so far as I know. husband is working in the bathroom, and I will probably TiVo the game and fast forward to see all of the commercials. Did I hear it right that Michael Jackson has something halftime? What on earth?!?!

DammitJanet

Bacon wrapped venison pretty much tastes like little bites of filet mignon because these come from that same part of the deer. We marinate them overnight and then wrap them in bacon so they get a bit of fat in them because venison has much less fat than beef. They are extremely tender.

Oddly enough the local country music station was asking people to call in what they were having for food on sunday and several people said deer meat...lmao.

BusynMember

I love football, but can't get into this game. So I think we'll all go out to eat and celebrate the UNSuperbowl (as in the Packers blew their chance). Maybe we'll go to Applebees. The game will probably be on.
Yeah, I'm Ms. Sour Grapes :)

I'm making buffalo wings
shrimp cocktail
and a pasta dish.

I left all dieting behind as of yesterday.
I think I'm better off when I'm not deciding how my mood is based on my weight.
I'm not even fat to most people, only myself.

And, I will eat the wings!!
I'm planning on drinking beer also!
It's a fun day even though the EAGLES aren't playing.
My sister is there, a Giants fan, I'll root for her team.

Venison? I'm willing to try it, where do you even get that?????
-Alyssa

DammitJanet

Well...we get our venison the old fashioned way, he hunts it...lol. I guess there are probably places you can buy it though because I have seen rabbit and other such game meat sold.

LittleDudesMom

You know, Marcie...

You could wrap bacon around a shoe and it would taste good.

Just sayin.

:stalker: That's me eating bacon behind the fence!!!!!!!!!!! I can't argue with your logic BBK!!!!

I am having company but I'm sticking to my healthier eating.

I'm making:
Artichoke Dip (a lightend version of the traditional)
A WW's BLT Dip (arugula, turkey bacon, onion, tomato, light cream cheese, and I think it has light mayo too)
Another WW recipe for potato skins stuffed with a mixture of spinich, light cream cheese and topped with crumbled turkey bacon
Crab Dip (which is an old favorite of ours that I am lightening up)
7 layer dip, which is not really seven layers, made with black beans instead of refried beans and very little 2% cheese
Homemade tortilla chips - you take whole wheat tortillas, brush on some egg white, sprinkle whatever spices/herbs you like (we are making some poppy seed, some garlic, and some spicy) then slice them into 8 triangles and bake in the oven.

To finish it all off, we are having angel food cake baked with cherries in their own juice.

So, we are having a lot of food. But easy child and I are sticking to our WW and saved all our flex points for tomorrow!!!

Sharon

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
LOL Kitty

Guess I will never get to go spend superbowl sunday at Janets house :)

Even thinking of venison makes me gag - I swear I can smell it everytime I remember it. I do remember the poor deer every year hanging on the back porch and having to eat that gamey meet - couldn't get up from the table unless we did - course my father, deer hunter extrodinaire, he never ate the stuff - he hated it - don't even know why he went hunting cause its not like we couldn't afford food - just a waste of a poor animals life so he could feel like some macho man.

Love ya Janet, but there is no way to ever convince me that venison tastes like filet mignon no matter what it is wrapped (I call it disgused) in..

Marcie

VickiL

We're having BBQ ribs, potato salad, jalapeno poppers and husband just HAD to go and get one of the little Heniken kegs...it is just too cute! I myself just wanted ribs and beer.

Janet, the bacon wrapped venison sounds fantastic! I too couldn't stand venison for a LONG time, but the way husband cooks it, it does taste like beef. One year we had told Alex that all of the venison we had was beef because he didn't like deer meat. And we had A LOT of deer meat that year. We finally told him when we ran out and had to buy hamburger from the grocery store and it was wrapped differently :D

I really don't care who wins this game, but it would be nice if it wasn't the stinkin' Pats!! :)

Jena

i'm one of those females who are hmmm anti sports shall we say.......LOL........i like hockey due to the violence not sure why i like violence totally into boxing. i told girls though that we're going to try to have our own superbowl party tmrw. tried to make it sounds exciting their response: didn't you get an invite to go anywhere?? LOL.....

so i'm going to try to watch the game i'm just not sure whose playing and who i'd like?? but besides that yeah totally into superbowl thing. ok did someolne say michael jackson was going to comeout of hiding?? now i really gotta watch and isn't that when that ed mcmann dude does his whole guess what your lifes better we have your really big check?? now that would be very cool.........

VickiL

The only act I've heard playing at the Super Bowl is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I certainly hope it's only them. I've had enough of MJ.