So....what is for dinner tonight?

DDD

Tonight is going to be salad night. I've got beautiful tomatoes, crisp lettuce, olives, red & green peppers, leftover Provolone, salami, deli turkey
and ham. Fresh mushrooms and a couple of hardboiled eggs sliced should fill us up. There are leftover corn muffins, too. Yum. DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...you are killing me. WHO HAS TIME TO DO THAT KIND OF DINNER???? I used to, but it seems to evaporated.

Now I'm hungry again. Darn it all. And I have no wheels. I did have a pickle or two this morning with a couple glasses of milk. Will that suffice?

Abbey

SRL

I'm trying that chicken dish in milk and lemon tonight, but as I was reading these last replies I'm wishing I had some of JoG's pasta salad for lunch. Is there a recipe or do you wing it?

I love calmatra olives, especially in Noodle's Mediteranean Salad. I wish I could find a copycat for the dressing.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
SRL, it's hot, not cold. And simple. If I put hot sausage in it, I first cook that up by sauteing in plain water and drain the fat. And the same goes if you make it with scallops, which is very good as well.

I first saute some very finely diced red pepper, about 1/2 pepper. Then I add one can of petite diced tomatos with the balsamic vinegar and italian spices (basil/garlic); I add more of my own italian spices & fresh garlic and then add the calamata olives and a small amount of capers and chopped onions - cook until flavors have melded and it is good and hot (about 10-15 mins). Cook up some whole grain pasta, drain and toss with 'sauce'; serve with salad and ciabatta bread & butter. Fast, nutritious, easy and delicious.