so what's on your Bucket List?

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, I've done two on your list. I was in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade when I was in high school and I know how to play the guitar.

My list is more places that I would like to see. There is a book titled 1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List which has some wonderful ideas. I guess that I better get started soon!

~Kathy

meowbunny

To be there for my daughter's wedding and birth of my grand children.
To see my daughter graduate from something.
To skydive.
To fly with the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds.
To get a ride in the Goodyear blimp.
To go to a SuperBowl.
To be on the World Series of Poker and win at least enough to cover the costs but the dream is to be at the final table.

K

Kjs

I can't imagine. Well, I can. But to afraid to go there yet. someone may come and kick my bucket. then I would have a "kicked bucket". :rofl:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
For me, only two stand out right now

Going Bungijumping (although I am terrified of heights)

A trip to Brazil - I was going to move there in my early 20's and unfortunately, life happened and I didn't get to go

Marcie

DammitJanet

I have one of this "before I die" lists.

I want to go to the New Years celebration in Times Square.

I want to see the fireworks over the Hudson in NY.

I want to go to Vegas.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have things to do before I die.
I did a few.
White water rafting,
Horseback riding lessons.
Snow ski.
As you can see, most are tamer and less exciting than yours but they were experiences I wanted to try. I have a few more yet to go and I'd love to explore New Zealand, Madagascar and Australia but they all require time. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

husband has a few so I get to participate in those too. :smile:

Having the kids settled is of course, my first obligation and desire but my "list" is all about my choices and me.

I hope you all get to do a few things on your bucket list.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have so many! In fact, one of them is to go to Borders TODAY and buy that book... :laugh:

I have gone white water rafting many many times and I can tell you that being on the river working with your team, riding those rapids and feeling so free - no other thoughts can enter your mind - is amazing. :faint:

Okay, my list includes many things, but to name a few:

1 - Grow my hair
2 - Be alive and fully able to see my dds' grow to independence and be happy and support themselves, and get to know my grankids.
3 - Travel to Spain and Italy
4 - Buy a beach house to live at 6 months a year.
5 - Learn to speak Spanish fluently.

And many more............ :future:

Lothlorien

I love "the bucket list" idea. That's cute.

I want to go to Italy.
I want to go to Scotland.

That is where my grandparents from mom's and dad's side are from. I have always wanted to see their villages.

I'd like to see the Grand Canyon.
I'd like to go on Safari.

I want to see my kids happy and my grandkids.
I'd like to go back to school.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've had one of these for years. I call it "Things To Do Before I Die." I've tried to make them *somewhat* attainable, even if they are far-fetched. They are in no particular order.

1. Have a massage (did it!)

2. Spend the night at the Hotel del Coronado (did it!)

3. Swim with dolphins

4. Go to Paris with someone I love

5. Go white water rafting

6. Overcome my fear of heights (not likely :hammer: )

7. See a broadway play on Broadway (did it!)

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
To see my children grown into safe responsible adults.

I'd love to learn to play Rhapsody in Blue on the piano with some skill. I'd like to walk along a beach on the island of Bimini. Buy & wear with confidence a pair of red shoes. Maybe, just maybe, sell one painting (okay - I wanna be a Grandma Moses; think that's her name - you know that lady who started painting late in life?)

Paint my living room, dining room & kitchen. I keep saying that I'd like to get this done & it never happens. If husband is going to have a wake I'd kind of like a clean home with newly painted walls. If he's not - well never mind.

Mostly, peace of mind. That's something I work on daily. It's coming slowly if not surely. I don't want to die with a troubled spirit & second guessing all the decisions I've made over my lifetime. I can't go back & change it anyway.

Steely

My list is endless ~ seriously ~ perhaps I am too lofty :wink:

-Of course to have Matthew grow up into a successful, responsibly adult.

-To become store manager for this company I just joined, and move to Santa Fe

-To have a ranch, and a horse, some goats, and pigs - just for pets of course :laugh:

-To find a the beautiful man of my dreams

-To travel, travel, travel to The Galapagos, All the major continents, Paris, and The Amazon

-Finish my book, and get it published

-Be on Oprah (you know, because my book was just published, and I am famous now) :wink:

-Take my book on tour and be able to talk to groups of parents like us about raising difficult children

-Form a non-profit to help parents financially and with resources in raising their difficult children

-Die happy, peaceful, and content
:angel:

I want to get to Alaska and Maine. The only US states I have not been to.

I want to see Italy. There are MANY places in the world I would like to visit, but I have got to get to Italy.

I want to own a Harley. And be thin enough to look hot while riding it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to own a Harley. And be thin enough to look hot while riding it. </div></div>

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahem, me too!

Steely

Oh Yea! I forgot being thin!!! That is my FIRST bucket item -
Then we can both ride Harley's together Kitty! Oh! Do you know how to drive one?

WW~~

Indeed, I do.

One good thing about DEX, he was a gearhead. I learned how to drive everything from an 18 wheeler to a motorcycle to a Bobcat to a crane while I was with him. I even drove a steamroller!

Steely

Too cool......OK Kitty, than that is our plan! Thin, hot, and on a Harley (god knows you would be driving) in what - a year, 2?

trinityroyal

I didn't realize that so many people had a "before I die" list, I thought I was the only one!

I like the "thin, hot and on a Harley" idea. That fits in very well with my second item. Here's the list:

1) See my children grown up, healthy and happy
2) Learn how to drive a motorcycle
3) Get a house in the country, in Eastern Ontario, where I can hide out...miles and miles from anywhere.
4) Get a cottage in the north of England. Other details, same as item 3.
5) Learn how to play the drums. I guess I need either item 3 or 4 before I tackle this one...otherwise my neighbours will kill me.
6) Get back into the shape I was in when I was teaching dance (I used to be able to do the splits...in all three directions)

All the best,
Trinity