So what's your favorite thing to do with leftover turkey?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I like to can up the turkey leftovers in 1-cup jars and use them all thru the year, when we're not so sick of turkey.

A jar of turkey and a package of frozen noodles, and we have dinner in 20 minutes or less. Of for pot pies.

We also like to drain the liquid off and put it on tortillas, slather it with cheese, top with another tortilla and cheese, and bake up[ some quick quesidillas.

klmno

Thank you, Ladies! difficult child loves turkey pot pie- we'll try this recipe. And, I love the idea of tossing some leftover turky in a pasta salad. I could take that to work for lunch!

witzend

Alton Brown's Turkey Soup. It's better than Thanksgiving, and sooo filling and yummy!

"Bird to the Last Drop"

Ingredients

• 2 quarts vegetable stock
  • 1 turkey carcass
  • 1 (10-ounce) box frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1/2 cup rice
  • 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions

Combine the vegetable stock and the turkey carcass in a large soup pot over low heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Add the remaining ingredients to the stock. Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove the bones before serving.

Ropefree

Banned
Turkey enchiladas...make 'em, they freeze well.
My cat watched me tearing down the carcus with utter astonishment in her face.
I always give her a very hard time for doing essentially the same thing!
Also like to put it in a blender and make a spread for crackers.
We do not have that sick of the food feeling here...we live in the scarcity realms where the apitite is still the main ingrediant to any meal. My son is always enthusiastic and apreciative when dinner is served. However the time he said "this is the most delicious meal I have ever had" was
rice and canned comadities meat (blah...on the res they like to feed it to the animals)
and the one and only five star restruant where we were given a gift certificate.
I am so glade for the soup recipe. That is my aim for the carcus today. Thanks!

muttmeister

My favorite part of the turkey is the soup you make out of the bones.
I also make a mean turkey tetrazinni and I used to save the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers and for my Christmas party I made spinach crepes and stuffed them with turkey and cheese and sauce like manicotti. Then I put red pasta sauce over it and had a beautiful red and green Christmas dish.
I'm not a big sandwich eater but I do have a recipe for a delicious turkey sandwich, You use thinly sliced turkey to make four sandwiches. Put the meat on pretty thick. Mix 2 eggs with a tablespoon of water and dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and grill them on both sides like you are making french toast. Cut each sandwich in half and place two halves in each of 4 individual serving dishes. Mix
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
Dash garlic powder
Stir over heat till the cheese melts. Pour over each of the sandwiches. Sprinkle on nutmeg or paprika. Broil 4 or 5 inchres from the heat just till it all gets bubbly (about 3 minutes).

KTMom91

Turkey soup is always good, but my most favorite thing is a Pacific Paragon. It's a sandwich, on leftover rolls (my Nana used to make sandwich sized especially for these), with turkey, bacon, avocado, and bleu cheese dressing.