So, who watched the opening ceremony?

LittleDudesMom

I thought some of the effects with the lighting on the floor and the audience was lovely, but overall I was somewhat dissapointed.

Didn't have the punch of the opening of the last summer games.

And poor Wayne Gretzky - he was sweating bullets.....

But, I am excited to begin watching the games tomorrow - I love the winter Olympics!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
I watched. I agree it wasn't as good as some years. I did enjoy watching all the countries march through. It's fun to hear the stories and see what they are wearing. Very sad about the luge athlete who died yesterday.

Marguerite

Currently watching a late-night replay. Sort-of. I only tuned in for the march of the athletes and I'll need to go to bed before the fun starts again.

Very sad about that young athlete getting killed. It sure puts a cloud over it.

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
I watched but I agree....I too was waiting for something with more of a punch. Maybe we're spoiled? LOL

The native dancers were incredible....I couldn't dance for that long even in my heyday!

I'm so pathetic. I went to visit a friend in Vancouver a couple of summers ago. I was watching the stuff on NBC before the ceremony began and they are showing all of these scenes from around town. Instead of homesick, I got Vancouver sick and called my friend to whine. She laughed at me. :tongue:

If you ever get the chance to go to Vancouver I highly recommend it! It is such a neat town and the area is absolutely beautiful. There aren't too many other places in the world (relatively speaking of course) where you can stand on a beach and then turn around and view the forrest and mountains.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I am disappointed that I missed it!

The snow was interfering with the broadcast...so after a frustrating 30 minutes or so waiting to get a clear picture--I gave up.

Maybe I can catch a replay later...

--Daisyface

Nancy

I had to go to a recognition dinner last night but got home in time to see the US Team march in and the ceremonies. I thought it was lovely. I actually liked it better than the last one, just my taste. It very hard to keep trying to top the last ceremony and I can see how it can get ridiculous and lose the meaning. I thought the meaning behind this year's was very appropriate and told a story. I'm anxious to hear what our Canadians friends thought.

I love the Olympics and have been watching ever since I was a very young girl. I would watch every sport they televised even if I didn't particularly like the sport. I have always had a great fondness for the Olympics and really liked the up close and personals on the various athletes.

The accident yesterday was very tragic and from what I read the track is considered very fast and potentially dangerous. I hope no other incidents happen. I hate when there is controversy at the Olympics, it is the one event that should stay out of controversy.

Nancy

KTMom91

We just finished watching. I enjoyed it. The visuals were great, and really held Hubby's interest. If it's technology (or flashlight) related, he's right there. Since it was mainly a light show, he was thrilled. I liked the dancers and the stories told for each region. I LOVED the plains segment, with "Both Sides Now" and the guy flying through the air. Also the flying snowboarders. They were way cool, too.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Just a note about Vancouver. The venue is several blocks away from what is considered one of the worst slums in North America.