So who's going shopping this black Friday? :)

BusynMember

NOT ME...lol. But I'm interested in who else is going on, what time you're going to specials, how bad the crowds out (report, report, report!). I'm already pretty much done Christmas shopping. I like to get everything before the mad rush is on.
Also, who is cutting back on gifts? WE ARE! (raising hand and wiggling fingers). My grown kids are only giving small gifts to the two minor children of mine and my grandson. Other than that, gifts are off the table. Everyone is broke.

busywend

For the first time in 4 years, I am not out at 4am. Actually last year, I never slept - stayed inside a 24 Wal-Mart from 1am until they opened the doors back up at 5am. I was first in line at the actual merchandise.

Anyway, I will be heading out around 9am this year. Still not sure what I need to buy.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I was watching the clock as the various stores here in town opened and sniffled that I wasn't there. It is actually causing me some pain to not have gone. I love black Friday. First no real Thanksgiving meal then no shopping on Friday. What next someone going to make me give up my birthday.

beth

donna723

There is no way I would get anywhere near a store today! I was off on Wednesday and went to the mall and it wasn't bad at all. Just about everything I bought was on sale, some things as much as 50% off! They're so desperate, the big sales started BEFORE Thanksgiving. I still have a lot more things to get and will have to go again ... just not today!

One of the worst memories I have is the year I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law and let her talk me in to going to the mall on December 26th! It was a nightmare! Took us a half hour to find a place to park, and once we got into the store, you literally could not move in some places, much less shop. Never again!

meowbunny

Been in the stores. Did my shopping. Home and done. Started at 6:30 am; finished at 8:30. Even found parking spaces quickly.

everywoman

I am doing all I can online. I did run out and get a memory foam mattress pad for Jana's bed before I brought her home today. If she is going to be stuck in the bed for the next month, at least she can be comfortable.

I also picked up the annual Christmas PJ's while out. It's a tradition that means as much to me as the it does to my family. They each get a new fresh pair of PJ's Christmas Eve. I started this when PCson was little so that Christmas morning pictures looked "cute." It's something they look forward to each year.

I probably won't do a whole lot of in store shopping. With few shipping from most retailers it is just easier to shop online.

crazymama30

Went shopping, and to breakfast and home. Fred Meyer's was good, Wal Mart and Best Buy were crazy. Got almost all we need, well probably got more than we need. It was good to have husband help, we divided and conquered. lol

everywoman

I am doing all I can online. I did run out and get a memory foam mattress pad for Jana's bed before I brought her home today. If she is going to be stuck in the bed for the next month, at least she can be comfortable.

I also picked up the annual Christmas PJ's while out. It's a tradition that means as much to me as the it does to my family. They each get a new fresh pair of PJ's Christmas Eve. I started this when PCson was little so that Christmas morning pictures looked "cute." It's something they look forward to each year.

I probably won't do a whole lot of in store shopping. With few shipping from most retailers it is just easier to shop online.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I had intended on going out at about 5AM, but then I didn't feel like getting out of bed yet. So, I hit up Kohls at 8AM and then had my hair done at 9:30.

We're not really buying stuff this year, so all I bought was a heated blanket for H and my bed, a new comforter for easy child's bed, a digital photo frame for H, and two nightgowns for my mom. I am heading back there after lunch to see what I can score at the jewelry counter for my girls and that's basically it.

H and I are building and making a frame for easy child's graduation jacket and H is buying each of us a GPS (cheapy one at only $99 ea). I haven't a clue what to get difficult child - she has an amazon wish list that I will check out but that will be internet purchases which will save me from hitting up stores!

Unfortunately, I have to wait for my bonus before I can really shop and that's not until Dec 15th and I don't think we're getting much this year. I will probably end up just paying off some bills. I don't care because my girls are home this year and my favorite part of the holidays is baking cookies together and spending time with one another.

Oh yeah, the parking was fine, all cashiers were open and moving fast. I was out of there by 8:35, so only 35 minutes total shopping and check out.

I'm off now to visit a sick friend - I am bringing her soup and then get my car's oil changed. Black Friday wasn't so black after all!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have never done Black Friday!
I would be the one standing there in the middle of the mall in terror... Seriously. I would have no idea what to do.
I shop online... I am just not very good shopping.
Today I got great grandpe who we have to get a present for some slippers, 25% off plus an extra 20% off and NO Shipping...
I only have 2 others a niece and a nephew.
Not really any other family. We have chosen to not buy for any others.
The girls we are going small. Mostly educational. I am excited I got K one of those marble mazes that is made out of wood, you can build it up however you want... we have been building fake ones out of boxes and she will love this!!! Also some dinosaur stuff!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have found that as I've gotten older not only does the mall not do anything for me, I really begin to feel a panic build deep down inside the core of my body. I don't know if it's all the activity around me or the over stimulation. Whatever it is, I rarely, if ever, go to the mall. It's just too overwhelming for me. I shop locally or on line more and more.

donna723

Me too! I tend to get "mall fatigue' very early on and just wander around aimlessly. Then I start looking at every ridiculous thing like it could maybe be a gift, like "Hey! Spark plugs! I wonder if they need spark plugs?"

Lothlorien

I wandered into Walmart around 2:00. A lot of the advertised deals that were only until 11 am were still going on. I spent about $124. That's amazing for me.

I then went to the arts and crafts store, because they had melting chocolates bags for $1.29. I make a ton of chocolate bark during the holidays, so I bought about $35. worth.

I did a little shopping online this week. I'm just about finished with shopping. I have to make a few things and I got the material for them at Walmart. The rest will likely be a few gift certificates.

Jena

I have never shopped on black friday! I get overloaded shopping on regular days. LOL. couldn't survive that !!! yea for you who did! soo not me! I'd be freaking out.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I did end up out to both Walmart and Target to get some cheap DVDs for the house. Made husband go with me when I finally went. He was so cute. He dropped me at the door (what a wonderful man) and at walmart couldn't find me. I had forgotten he didn't know how they "drop" there special stuff in different parts of the store. So he called me to find where I was. He really didn't wander off like normal. It was interesting.

beth

KTMom91

Hubby and I were at Kohl's at 4 this morning. We had a "bag of jammies" to fill for the local children's shelter, and Kohl's had the best prices. We also found a toy for our shelter child. After Kohl's we went to Target. Hubby stayed in the car and slept, and I went food shopping. There was nobody in the food section. We were home by 7 am.

We went out yesterday evening, too. Picked up wreaths at Michael's; my mom takes them to the cemetery for her parent's headstones. Went to Kmart, found a toy for our other shelter child.

With the exception of our mothers, Hubby and I are finished with shopping.