So, why do difficult children no tell you the imortant things

StressedM0mma

But mention every little detail about the most unimportant thing? difficult child woke up today with pretty bad cramps. Gave her a couple of midol, and still made her go to school. (she was about 45 min late) So, on the way there she says to me, "I have been getting my period every 2 weeks for the past 3-4 months!!) Uh, this is something you may want to tell me. So, one appointment with the pediatrician. later we are now on the pill.

T

TeDo

I have no idea so if you figure out the answer, pass it on PLEASE. difficult child 1 does this to me all the time. It's basically that whatever's important to HIM is what's important. He doesn't realize that there are things that are important things that are important to "normal" people. It's thinking and lack of knowledge errors on his part.

JJJ

Yep! Eeyore tells me all sorts of nonsense but rarely the stuff he SHOULD tell me. Very frustrating!

InsaneCdn

I can't speak to most difficult children. But I can tell you that... if depression is one of the dxes, there is a reason why they don't say anything... they aren't keeping track of anything. They live in this current minute. However they feel is "how they have always felt", any problem "has always been there"... there is nothing "new". So... it doesn't register. they don't connect the dots. Until the depression is beaten back, stuff doesn't reach the "brains" so they can think and respond in a rational fashion.