Sober Coach

Nancy

I was surprised to hear that Whitney Houston's daughter had a sober coach, Warren Boyd, with her at the funeral. What a great idea. I googled sober coaches and was suprised to know there was even such a thing. I wish I had a lot of money and could hire a sober coach for difficult child. I'd hire a sober coach for each of our difficult children too.

But I thought about what a good idea that is if someone had to go to functions where there was alcohol involved. I know difficult child's rehab counselor said if she had to go to a wedding she would take a sober person to hold her accountable.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Charlie Sheen had a sober coach, too. Can you imagine what that must cost to have someone with you 24-7 (at least that is what he did).

I have heard that Whitney's daughter also has substance abuse issues and that her family wants her to go to rehab. Whitney's brothers also have had drug problems. I think this is a classic case of genetics at work.

I hope Krissy can fight the the battle and win.

~Kathy

Nancy

Oh so do I Kathy. If Cissy has anything to do with it she will. Whotney has an incredible family and that funeral was such a celebration of her life. Wasn't Kevin Costner awesome? He had such love for her. And Dionne, what a classy lady.

husband and I said we want a Baptist funeral. What a different and wonderful way than what I'm use to.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
From what Whoopi said today on the view, we saw a restrained version of a going home celebration. I thought it was a beautiful service and Kevin Costner's eulogy brought tears to my eyes. I also was very moved at the end when the casket was wheeled out to the sound of Whitney singing I Will Always Love You.

Nancy

Did you notice when the pallbearers lifted the casket up onto their shoulders? I gasped and thought for sure it was going to fall. It looked like they tipped it and there was a guy in the aisle pew who thought so too because he jumped up and put his hand out. Later when I watched the recaps you could actually hear gasps in the church. Obviously others thought it was going to fall too. I kept wishing they would put their hands on the casket and was so afraid it would fall. I had never seen that.I thought we were seeing a subdued version too. I loved the term "having church."

A

AmericanGirl

Agree about Kevin Costner's remarks. I thought Tyler Perry was inspiring.

When they started playing "I Will Always Love You" at the end, I bawled like a baby.

Getting sick of seeing all the vile comments about her on FB. Every life has meaning, whether you were a sinner or a saint.

Saw part of her interview with Oprah replayed last night. She sounded so stable, really wise, very honest.