SoCal is ROCKIN' TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Apr 23, 2009.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Just had two more earthquakes, same vicinity as the one earlier this evening... a teeny bit stronger (4.0) followed immediately by a 3.9. Sort of a double jolt. husband was home this time, and it scared the poop out of him (he's not a California native... what a wimp!)

These were also very close to our house... under a mile away from the epicenter. Felt a bit different than the other one -- more like a vibrating jolt that lasted several seconds.

The kids are all a twitter... like Marcie said, we are overdue for a big one, unfortunately!

2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Fingers crossed that these small-moderate quakes are reducing tension... but you might want to make sure you have a disaster relief kit ready in case a big tremor hits!

3. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

How funny - I only felt one..

For those looky loos http://www.usgs.gov/

I will be sleeping fully dressed tonight :)

Marcie

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

You probably only felt the one because the almost happened simultaneously -- USGS has them 55 seconds apart. :)

Yeah, none of us is sleeping well tonight, I'm sure. I'll keep my tennies by the bed tonight!

5. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

The 3.9 was just downgraded to a 3.0...

And we just had another tiny one... it's not posted yet, but we all felt it in my house!